Author Topic: Forgive me.....  (Read 446 times)

Offline JScore

• Zinc Member
Forgive me.....
« on: March 28, 2008, 03:17:27 PM »
     I've tried using the new search function several different ways but couldn't get an honest answer out of it.  SO, I'm sure this horse's corpse has been beaten three ways from Sunday, but here goes.....  Can someone politely explain why the arena caps fluctuate, and why we sometimes see 225/220 and such?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Forgive me.....
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 03:20:32 PM »
The max is how many can get in. It goes up and own based on arena numbers.

The currently-logged in will stay at whatever it was.

Say it's maxed out 400/400. There are 400 on, 400 slots. The slots are reduced, BUT, nobody is kicked. Too rude. Dumping hundreds at a time isn't a good business decision.

So the limit drops to 400/350. Still 400 on, but the 350 is a promise that nobody is going to get in past that point.

The 400 then drops over time as players disco or log off. Then the number goes down, back to 350/350. As soon as it's 349/350 people can log in.

The cap is basically a "wait til this number" type of countdown.

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
Re: Forgive me.....
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 04:01:21 PM »
The other part is what the numbers are when you select "Online Arenas" and go the the Arena Selection Screen.

Say Krusty and I both go to the arena selection screen at the same time and arena X says 219/220. Both Krusty and I can log into that arena, even if one of us waits or goes to the O'Club first. As long as your arena selection screen shows there is space in the arena, you can log in. The result of the example above is that the next guy who logs in after we choose that arena will see 221/220.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)