Author Topic: TAKING A ENY POLL  (Read 7427 times)

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
Re: TAKING A ENY POLL
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2008, 04:39:27 PM »
It will all end in tears.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline opposum

• Probation
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2008, 04:41:16 PM »
yes please get rid of eny  :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray
/_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline Cee64E

• Zinc Member
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2008, 05:24:02 PM »
I would like to show how many Aces high players are against the ENY, please respond by posting a reply to this post yes or no (YES-get rid of ENY), (NO-keep ENY)

I think it needs some tuning and maybe a good explanation of how it works 'cause I'm totally confused as to how it gets figured.
R2, did we just blow up a gas station?

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2008, 11:25:16 PM »
nope, you are paying to fly in the game and within it's rules.  You are not paying to fly any plane you like, though if the conditions are right you may. 

Yes we are flying the game within the rules, but when the ENY calculations appear to be off, it is our duty to bring attention to it. So is ENY perfect no, does work to some degree yes, can it be improved upon no doubt about it, do "some" players use the negitive result of ENY for the other side to gain a advantage on them yes. This was a poll to get a read of opinions of the games general population just as it was before ENY, Hitech recieved it's feedback from the players on at that time, why should now be any different. I like to see if anyone could list the different balancing options that where also purposed a that time so maybe we could offer alternative solutions or new ones that won't repeat you may have already tried or purposed. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 11:43:01 PM by DCCBOSS »
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline zilla

• Copper Member
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2008, 11:35:19 PM »
Keep it
 :aok
Copper is proper

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2008, 11:43:13 PM »
I think ENY and its effects as implemented stemed from the idea that people would log on, see the high ENY prohibiting them from flying what they want, and then switch sides, and thus balence the arena.

obviousley that is not happening, many many people and most squads are Country loyal, and for good reason, familiar faces, both friend and foe.. and the logistics of getting an entire squad to change sides in an instant.

instead of people logging in saying "woah!" and switching sides.. they log in say "#&$^ #$@*#   *#$(&@#" and log off, cancel account,  etc etc..    there have been enough threads about ENY to back the notion that a good portion of people do not like it.. perhaps total eradication of ENY is not the answer, but apparently.. neither is what we currently have.

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2008, 11:47:16 PM »
I personally like ENY restrictions. I would absolutely hate to see it removed totally. I really don't think it should apply to bombers though, personally. It might need tweaked or something, maybe with perk point costs to stop the complaining about it, but there should be some sort of limiting factor when numbers are way off.
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2008, 11:50:27 PM »
I think ENY and its effects as implemented stemed from the idea that people would log on, see the high ENY prohibiting them from flying what they want, and then switch sides, and thus balence the arena.

No.

No one ever thought that ENY limiter could completely balance numbers. While being a strong incentive to switch sides, it's main function is to give the biggest team a small handicap when numbers are getting out of control. It's basically just there to prevent having overhwelming numbers AND top rides at the same time.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2008, 12:10:40 AM »
No.

No one ever thought that ENY limiter could completely balance numbers. While being a strong incentive to switch sides, it's main function is to give the biggest team a small handicap when numbers are getting out of control. It's basically just there to prevent having overhwelming numbers AND top rides at the same time.

well, its not doing that either..

yesterday the bish had the most people on..  but have FEWER in flight than the rooks, and only 6 more than the nits..

ENY was 17, for over an hour.  thats not a small handycap.. thats a BIG handycap for a country that didnt even have the most people in the air..  and only a handful more than the country with the fewest.

what Your saying would make PERFECT SENSE of it actually occurred as stated.. but it doesn't really seem to..  ENY seems to fluctuate randomly with little rhyme or reason as to why..

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2008, 12:13:48 AM »
well, its not doing that either..

yesterday the bish had the most people on..  but have FEWER in flight than the rooks, and only 6 more than the nits..

ENY was 17, for over an hour.  thats not a small handycap.. thats a BIG handycap for a country that didnt even have the most people in the air..  and only a handful more than the country with the fewest.

Screenshot please.

People claim a lot of silly things with regards to ENY, just like in all those collision threads. Most perceptions are plain wrong. If you explain how things work, they don't listen. Constantly confusing facts and opinions...

ENY doesn't work randomly. It's the same formula for every country. And it's not based on people inflight only, because that would be easy to circumvent for that huge squads.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 12:19:38 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2008, 12:56:12 AM »
Keep ENY.  Every Vet should know what it used to be like... upping against 10 SPIT 16's low, supported by 15 mid level Niki's covered by 20 hi La-7's.  The game was beyond ludacris then.

I am WHOLLY in favor of keeping it.  I'm also in favor of those who don't, to go to the TA and learn the very good high eny planes, and to shut up already about eny.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2008, 02:55:26 AM »
definately eny is good. I think a case could be made for adjusting some planes eny value though.. still dont understand why p47n is a 5  :)

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2008, 04:12:58 AM »
No, I am not against it, but it could be implemented more objectively.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2008, 05:22:17 AM »
No, I am not against it, but it could be implemented more objectively.

ENY is objective. Some ppl just see only they want to see.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2008, 07:07:03 AM »
YES