Author Topic: Insanity is rampant, this time where I work was targeted.  (Read 214 times)

Offline Gaidin

• Silver Member
Insanity is rampant, this time where I work was targeted.
« on: March 19, 2008, 11:14:51 AM »
No one shot up classes, or anything like that thank god.  Doesn't make me feel better about being evacuated from the area.

http://www.valdosta.edu/news/releases/threat.031908/

This is the news release of the mornings events.  Nothing so far has been found.  I was delivering computers to the IT staff at Valdosta for our Entry program on their campus.  I work for the IT department of SGC.  I went to see the department head for his signature and thats when things went kinda crazy.  All 8 of the Campus police walked into the building, went room to room telling people to calmly get up and leave the building and meet in the parking lot.  The building was quickly searched for persons and everyone was relocated to other buildings.  I left and came back to our main campus, about an hour away.  Nothing has been found as of yet. 

Just one of those things you don't think about when you go to work.  I think I will from now on.
Death is but a doorway to life, only those who fear life fear its opening.

Ingame: 68Gaidin

Proud Member of the CM Team
FSO - Admin

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Re: Insanity is rampant, this time where I work was targeted.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 11:17:28 AM »
Good news is, no one was hurt.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 11:19:49 AM »
I hope they find the person who made the threat fast.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Gaidin

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 11:21:44 AM »
Yes it is great that is was just a threat, and at this time no one has shown up to carry through with it.  I hope they catch them as well.
Death is but a doorway to life, only those who fear life fear its opening.

Ingame: 68Gaidin

Proud Member of the CM Team
FSO - Admin