Author Topic: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE in the next patch  (Read 3398 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE in the next patch
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 05:17:33 AM »
should be options to de-tune country chat and range vox.  I Think you can just kill the sound so that no-one can hear it.

I think Not also asked for permission to PM, maybe a check box somewhere to allow private communications.

It is pretty sad to want such features but we are dealing with the "intardnets" here.  These options would allow you to block out everything!  The peace and quiet when your flying will be well worth it   :D.   For the guys who want to let younguns watch this would be the best solution.

Now I don't want AH to become a police state where every word and transmission gets monitored that isn't in the spirit of having a fun community.  It is good to talk to your friends and enemies when playing but it does get spoiled by a very small minority and the large minority of squeakers.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 05:25:12 AM »
....does get spoiled by a very small minority and the large minority of squeakers.

Oh yeah, the incessant earsplitting whine of the pre-pubecent hollerin' out everything that happens to them in a fight is almost more than grown folks can take during squeaker season!

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 05:32:29 AM »
just seems squeaker season never ended since last summer!

Still here. still playing havent they got some frickin homework to do or balls to kick around the yard???

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 05:43:28 AM »
Don't forget you can report abuse of vox using the .vreport command:

Command: .vreport GameID

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parameters: GameID; the pilot handle of the player.
Available: Online
This command registers a complaint about a persons voice/VOX abuse. Abuse of the command itself is not tolerated.
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 05:47:41 AM »
just seems squeaker season never ended since last summer!

Still here. still playing havent they got some frickin homework to do or balls to kick around the yard???

They do babble dont they? Once flying NOE over very tricky terrain I had to listen to one kid give a 5 min description of how his cat was climbing all over him and licking him. Finally we hit a flat patch of terrain and I was able to squelch him. I dont mind kids, Im a father myself, and most of the kids in the game are pretty nice kids. Just not on NOE missions....OK? :pray
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Cee64E

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 06:26:46 AM »
With all do respect intended I ask for 100% more control over the filth that comes via game coms. 

If I have to subject myself to to petty vulger on range channel fotter thats fine.  When other's such as my children or anyone's family members are that another subject.

I subscribe that perminate squelching & range be used.
Tonight my daughter listened to a "younger" member of the AH community tell someone to "suck his dick".  If that gets banned here why not give us the ability to control it in the game?

If you want to comment,   no I will not play with head phone's I could never get used to that... No I will not play when my Kid's are asleep this game has no rating & I like to play it anytime I like...  so don't bother.

While I agree with almost every point you make, it is you who said 'no' to headphones.  I use them for all my games because the missus doesn't want to hear my loud sound fx and the tv is a distraction in a fight.  In the end it is your choice and your responsibility to protect your little'uns ears, not HTC's though I'm sure they will try.  What's a little discomfort compared to kiddling's well being?
R2, did we just blow up a gas station?

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 06:42:05 AM »
A agree with this post completely.

I'd even go so far as to say every channel, both vox and text should be able to be squelched.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 07:04:44 AM »
While I agree with almost every point you make, it is you who said 'no' to headphones.  I use them for all my games because the missus doesn't want to hear my loud sound fx and the tv is a distraction in a fight.  In the end it is your choice and your responsibility to protect your little'uns ears, not HTC's though I'm sure they will try.  What's a little discomfort compared to kiddling's well being?

Headphones shouldn't be necessary. When my older daughter used to sit next to me and watch, headphones weren't really an option then because she wanted the full effects of the game as well. For some, a little self control is to much to ask.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline jon

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.wildaces.us
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 07:12:04 AM »
I do understand your point, and i agree,But the simple fix would be headphones. you are being a little stubborn there. i think it would be almost impossible to eliminate foul language. I don't believe  ahII is the right place for foul language but I have let a word slip there before.  And i have apologized to the people that heard it. And you are not going to stop some snot nosed brat from doing it on range channel Even if you could pema squelch a player, that will not stop the next one from saying something offensive. or go to clipboard options/preferances/voice and turn voice playback down and not have to listen to anybody.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2008, 07:18:37 AM »
I say yes to Perma Squelch.  HTC should also create a way of seeing who is squelched the most so they can keep an eye on them.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2008, 07:27:03 AM »
HTC should also create a way of seeing who is squelched the most so they can keep an eye on them.
That would be a great idea.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2008, 07:30:03 AM »
I'm all for perma squelch. Im all for some kinda block of private messgaes from the poor sap I just shot down, "Yes I know it was a ho". and you died, move on." ;)
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2008, 07:32:04 AM »
I have to agree on this too.  While I don't curse myself, I understand some do and I let the occassional d*mn or h*ll roll off my back.  My children, which like to play on the other computer in my office, and my wife usually don't even notice those (if I have my speakers on).  However, most times I have to keep my speakers of and put my headphones on.  I regulary hear over range streams like: GD, MFing, SOB just HO'ed me (if you don't know what the abbreviations stand for, good.  The people on range did not abbreviate).  Or things like: that c*cks**kin a**hole.

And this is on a regular basis.

Hey, I know it is the real world and I know people do talk like that.  But if they are not going to have consideration for those around that don't want to hear it (or for those that have ones around them that don't want/need to hear it), then please let us have a way to squelch it out.  That way, they can continue to talk that way all they want and HTC tolerates and those who don't want to hear it don't have to.
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2008, 07:39:48 AM »
The things young childeren are exposed to at young ages :frown:
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline beddog

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2008, 07:57:24 AM »
I agree HTC we need some better user control over this stuff.
:disclaimer: 79% of all my posts are Sarcastic.  It's too much work for me to point out which posts are sarcastic and which aren't, so I'm going to use this signature to reduce overhead and sarcastic post identification time consumption or SPITC for short.