Author Topic: Tour 14 Fighter vs Fighter final stats  (Read 1491 times)

Offline DoKtor GonZo

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com/DoK/
Tour 14 Fighter vs Fighter final stats
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2001, 05:14:00 PM »
Also lets remember that people will be a lot more careful with the perk planes - Tempest and Ta152. So their k/d is a little skewed by that fact.

-DoK

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2001, 05:30:00 PM »
Well, true Dok. But speed IS life.  
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

funked

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2001, 05:33:00 PM »
Wow, after all the whining I thought the 152 would have worse stats than the Tempest.  Looks like HTC was pretty smart to put those planes in the same group.  Now if they'd just perk all the other late war beasts I would be happy.    

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 04-02-2001).]

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2001, 05:42:00 PM »
Thx for the stats AKDjV   Will we see the TOP-TEN pilots for each fiter as well?
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2001, 06:23:00 PM »

Thx for the stats AKDjV  Will we see the TOP-TEN pilots for each fiter as well?

I'll get working on that as soon as I get the time.  I haven't perfected a bot for retrieving the data, so it has to be done by hand, 1200 times.  I should have it by next Monday.

AKDejaVu

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2001, 07:29:00 PM »

Originally posted by funked:
Wow, after all the whining I thought the 152 would have worse stats than the Tempest.  Looks like HTC was pretty smart to put those planes in the same group.  

Don't forget that because it's perked, people fly to live. I'm pretty sure the D9 would not have those stats if it was perked (or any plane in the game, 202 included).
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2001, 08:43:00 PM »
LOL, looks like some aces are starting to fly the P47D-25. With the small ammount of sorties flown by it they can surely affect the stats considerably.

Its going from K/D of 0.795 through 1.097 to 1.231, while the D30 is stuck at 0.7-0.8
Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2001, 10:41:00 PM »
In reference to the Ta152 and Temp stats, they are only that good because people will not do stupid things with their perks like diving into a furball and begin turning with a Spit.  

So really, the high K/D ratio of the 152 and Temp has more to do with that fact rather than they being super-uber. Although, the Temp is as close to super uber as one could get. I'm sure it's super-uber deck speed has alot to do with it's low deaths.

OBTW, I account for 10% of all Ta152 kills, but only 1% of it's deaths. I think I oughta be perked.

OBTWA, I can't believe the low k/d ratio iof the 109f. I just started flying the 109 series like 4 days ago, and already had had a 19 to 2 ratio in the 109f. Apparently people ain't flying this puppy the way they should. It is one hard plane to kill if flown right.

fscott

[This message has been edited by fscott (edited 04-02-2001).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2001, 11:08:00 PM »

So really, the high K/D ratio of the 152 and Temp has more to do with that fact rather than they being super-uber. Although, the Temp is as close to super uber as one could get. I'm sure it's super-uber deck speed has alot to do with it's low deaths.

The Ta-152 has the speed up high and the Tempest has it down low.  Flown right, both are deadly in their element.  I think the K/D reflects that adequately.  I also think the perking is appropriate for both.

The Dora has a ton of speed too.. still waiting for someone to say that's the only reason they do so well.  I do know that I've spent more time chasing them than I have fighting them... say the same about the P-51.

AKDejaVu

Offline DoKtor GonZo

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com/DoK/
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2001, 01:30:00 AM »
Planes like the D-9, La-7, F4U-1C, P-51D, and N1K should have some perk cost. Not 50-70 points. Maybe 10 or so. All the "front line" 1944 vintage and prior crates should be free still. (Yes the P-51 was a front-line fighter, but the brunt of the ground support work was P47's and P38's ... and this is an arena based on taking ground.)

Anyway, I think a small perk cost would at least limit the number of times people tried to take off from CAP'd fields in very expensive iron.

-DoK

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2001, 04:04:00 AM »
I have 'falied' the p51 stats as my lock up problems have artificially contributed to about 10 times the discos this tour for me  

Discos counting as deaths is kinda annoying.
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2001, 05:41:00 AM »
Spatula, your right. I guess HTC is trying to avoid the ALT-F4 thing.

BTW, your Pony stats are damned good!  
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2001, 07:50:00 AM »
Regarding the P47-D-25.

I think the D-30 would do just as well if folks didn't fly it for A2G so much.  I know these are only "A2A" stats, but folks don't hit the attack button much in my experience.

I've bounced around between the D25 and the D30 the last few tours, but I'm back on the D25 now.  Having Drex flying the D25 certainly has helped pump the numbers up.    We have some really good sticks stalking the skies in Jugs these days.

------------------
Sean "Lephturn" Conrad - Aces High Chief Trainer

A proud member of the mighty Flying Pigs
http://www.flyingpigs.com

Check out Lephturn's Aerodrome for AH articles and training info!

Offline Torgo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2001, 08:19:00 AM »

Originally posted by DoKtor GonZo:
Planes like the D-9, La-7, F4U-1C, P-51D, and N1K should have some perk cost. Not 50-70 points. Maybe 10 or so. All the "front line" 1944 vintage and prior crates should be free still.
    -DoK

And this would include the La-7 :-)

lazs

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2001, 08:23:00 AM »
Not counting the temp and TA... there are 12 planes that are used less than 2% of the time.   Perk or no.
lazs