Author Topic: reconnasince or however you spell it  (Read 416 times)

Offline spit16nooby

• Copper Member
reconnasince or however you spell it
« on: March 17, 2008, 10:12:15 AM »
yes i know this topic has been up a lot but i think i might have some ideas to make it a good addition to the game

1. make their be a kind of equation to report were something is(carrier, mission, bombers) it could be like the bomb calibration
2. you have to be within icon range of the planes or within visual of the carriers and maybe give reconn planes a bit larger icon range that just shows enemy not plane type until 6k away
3. recon plane ideas mossy p-38 or any other planes that historically had this role
4.you would have to stay within range of your target to keep it tracked
5. would be g iven perks on a per minute basis say .25 per minute on a bomber .50 per minute on a carrier and .75 on a mission those are all interchangable score wise and order
6. hopefully you find a mission and not a group of people flying together
ok anyone else with more ideas or alterations to this idea please post nothing on here is strictly what recon should be  

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
Re: reconnasince or however you spell it
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 11:17:23 AM »
Why? We have radar bars, and red icons that hover near enemy planes.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline spit16nooby

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 05:26:48 PM »
but can you tell exactly were carriers are i kinda think it would be cool addition

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 07:35:49 PM »
but can you tell exactly were carriers are

You fly over one.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 08:01:45 PM »
We Should have a AWACS. one for rook,bish,and knit. Calls out everything and everybody on Country! think about it

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 02:38:34 PM »
Funny, I do recon all the time and I don't need any in game help to do it. I see an enemy CV I get on country text and give it's location and heading. Anyone who's interested has the info they need to go hunting. If someone asks me to keep feeding them info I'll stay within sight of the CV and keep passing grid info along.

No need for a special plane to do this.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 03:58:35 PM »
There's no real point in having one. All the base layouts' are the same, so you don't need any kind of special intel there. We have the Dot dar, which is as good as modern Radar, so you don't need AEW. In essence , Recon is actually coded out of the game, the way it is. It was take a DRASTIC change of the gameplay style (read: total change) to make recon essential/fun.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 05:58:58 PM »
We have Recon, but unlike most recon planes, out ones are armed with Bombs/Guns  :D
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 06:02:48 PM »
but can you tell exactly were carriers are i kinda think it would be cool addition
Not one bit historical. If you want to find a carrier, wait for a sea invasion.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 06:54:38 PM »
Ren·ais·sance –noun

Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ren-uh-sahns, -zahns, -sahns, ren-uh-sahns, -zahns, -sahns; especially Brit. ri-ney-suhns]

1.  The activity, spirit, or time of the great revival of art, literature, and learning in Europe beginning in the 14th century and extending to the                      17th century, marking the transition from the medieval to the modern world.
2.  The forms and treatments in art used during this period.
3.   (sometimes lowercase) any similar revival in the world of art and learning.
4.   (lowercase) a renewal of life, vigor, interest, etc.; rebirth; revival: a moral renaissance.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC