Author Topic: Pony Practice  (Read 1078 times)

Offline TEXAS20

• Copper Member
Pony Practice
« on: March 13, 2008, 11:21:43 AM »
<S> :salute

I was wondering if one of the l33t pony sticks that frequent here would spend some quality time with me in the TA.   I will offer my grand champion show sheep as payment.  I got the basics down and have read page after page of pony advice on the boards.

My main area of interest is tips on proper use of flaps and rudder. I can BNZ....heck....who cant?  But i watch Oldemon and some of the others dance the 51 down low and it just frekken amazes me.

THanks
The rules are simple:  Don't be a dick.

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Re: Pony Practice
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 02:58:33 PM »
To be versed in the dark arts of the pony, you first need to remove that P40 from your signature...

What timezone you in, and what times are you on??
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline TEXAS20

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 04:30:54 PM »
Oh Mighty Meat Flipper !  :rofl  Thank you for your response

Central is the time zone for me!  Im mostly on after 1830

The p40b in my signature must stay as tribute to  Tex Hill       ahhhhh My HERO! :rock  He flew the pony b also! That has got to count for something.

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 02:59:20 AM »
Heh. 18:30 Central, thats out of my time range sorry, but im sure some of the other trainers can help. Guys?
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 03:42:09 AM »
I am not an AH Trainer but i am a heck of a pony flyer. i am free this sunday, you said 6:30pm your time, that would be 3:30pm my time ya i am usaly awake by that time.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 03:42:54 AM »
What timezone you in

:devil thought the flag would have gave that one away  :devil JK
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline TEXAS20

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 10:03:41 AM »
Thanks Kilz! :aok    I will look for you and send you a PM  Thanks Again!

Offline HighGTrn

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 10:37:53 AM »
<S> :salute

I was wondering if one of the l33t pony sticks that frequent here would spend some quality time with me in the TA.   I will offer my grand champion show sheep as payment.  I got the basics down and have read page after page of pony advice on the boards.

My main area of interest is tips on proper use of flaps and rudder. I can BNZ....heck....who cant?  But i watch Oldemon and some of the others dance the 51 down low and it just frekken amazes me.

THanks

Maybe its just me but BnZ is not as easy as it seems.  I find that if I'm not careful doing BnZ in an environment with lots of cons, it can be deadly.
in game call sign: S1n1ster

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 02:30:11 PM »
Maybe its just me but BnZ is not as easy as it seems.  I find that if I'm not careful doing BnZ in an environment with lots of cons, it can be deadly.
:rofl :rofl  I have a tendency to make craters full of scrap metal when I B&Z.
I'm so wrapped up in what I'm trying to pick that I don't pull out in time  :lol
GAWD I hate being a dweeb!  :rolleyes:  :D

George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 02:46:43 PM »

Amen brother. If there is an easy, simple, fool-proof way of converting an E advantage in a Pony or D9 to a kill on a well-flow Corsair or Spit, I ain't found it yet.

I mean, often enough I use the vertical okay and stay in the offensive drivers seat for a good bit, but still just can't hit the bugger!

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 03:00:30 PM »
Also....take 25% or 50% gas with drop tanks. Skin the dts on the first pass and you can turn fight a LOT better than you ever dreamed. If your really crazy take 25 and leave the dts on until you need that extra bit of speed and agility. I have a 2.42 to 1 k/d using this method with 143 kills this month in the P-51B which is not bad considering I am turn fighting with spits, ki's, and other turn planes. Find me in the MA sometime and we can fly together. If ya like I can go to the TA and show you flaps, over shoots, and E management with it.

Strip(er)

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 10:16:09 PM »
it depends, if you have a plane like the 51D, it holds E well. I like to dive on the enemy farthest back because he has noone to give him a 6 call unless he has SA or some one in front of him has SA. and while we are on topic of 51's. are the 51's guns farther out on the wing than the P40E?
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline MachNum

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 05:30:23 PM »
<snip> and while we are on topic of 51's. are the 51's guns farther out on the wing than the P40E?
Yes, but not by very much. Both planes have similar wingspans, and the guns are outboard of the gear in both cases. The P40, however, has a narrower wheel separation. I wouldn't think that the difference would be significant in any case.

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 12:22:33 PM »
Also....take 25% or 50% gas with drop tanks. Skin the dts on the first pass and you can turn fight a LOT better than you ever dreamed. If your really crazy take 25 and leave the dts on until you need that extra bit of speed and agility. I have a 2.42 to 1 k/d using this method with 143 kills this month in the P-51B which is not bad considering I am turn fighting with spits, ki's, and other turn planes. Find me in the MA sometime and we can fly together. If ya like I can go to the TA and show you flaps, over shoots, and E management with it.

Strip(er)

Mind you the B and the D are very different birds in the turn fight IMO.