Author Topic: Check 6 Apologies  (Read 381 times)

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
Check 6 Apologies
« on: March 19, 2008, 12:34:04 PM »
I've been a bit abrupt with some of you giving me check 6s, now and again. I wanted to apologize for the abruptness and explain why.

Certainly I can get a little annoyed when I'm getting my bellybutton shot off, but I also find some check 6s unnecessary. Hey, we're on a field that's just about capped by cons. It's kind of silly when there's 15 planes tearing the field apart to be giving check 6s.

I think it's pretty obvious in situations like that there's bound to be someone on your six- if not right then, then there will be someone on your butt very soon. In scenarios like that I always assume there's someone on my six, so no need to warn me. I would think everyone else assumes the same and flies accordingly? Best spend that energy fighting, especially getting the guy who is on my six.

So, nothing personal, and I do appreciate team mates looking out for one another.

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Re: Check 6 Apologies
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 12:38:22 PM »
check 6 xtyger
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 12:50:19 PM »
*$#@@@#, Grrrr....I KNOW THERE'S SOMEONE ON MY ASS! I DON'T NEED A CHECK 6!!!  :mad:

Offline cbizkit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 12:59:12 PM »
I share the same type of semi-annoyance with it sometimes myself. Mainly it's because sometimes ignorance is bliss and when you're already frustrated at missing the guy in front of you three times already on easy shots, the last thing I want to hear is 'There's someone behind you!!'. Well of course theres someone behind me! I just missed three stinking easy shots and I should have moved on already! And no I don't need you to check 6 me three more times! I know I'm target fixated and it's because my own ineptitude in dealing swiftly with the target in front of me! WHY WON'T HE JUST DI--tower.

As such I don't complain about not getting check-6's because I'm sure occasionally a bit of frustration or annoyance may creep into my voice when I respond with 'tally'. Those times I don't get one and die are still my own fault for not maintaining a good level of SA.
biz
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline 2fly

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 01:19:04 PM »
 :huh

I cant think of a situation where a check is more needed.

No worries though, I can easily add you to the mental "No check" list that I havnt bothered to create yet.

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 01:57:51 PM »
Check 6's are a not something you want to count on all the time. If you do you are setting yourself up for major disappointment. I appreciate them when they are needed and I also make an effort to give them out when needed. IMO check 6's in a furball are just plain dumb... If your not watching your own six in a furball then you don't belong in one and don't blame me if you get killed because I have a hard enough time watching my own prettythang.

There are many times when I'm chasing someone down and look back and see someone on my six and 3 or 4 "friendlies" behind them and not one will give a check six. Situations like that are frustrating to me and when that happens I always make a note of who the "friendlies" were and if it's a vet that I have seen before then I won't be giving them any checks anytime soon. If its a new name I'm a little more understanding and give them the benefit of doubt.

My two cents :aok

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 02:52:29 PM »
:huh

I cant think of a situation where a check is more needed.

No worries though, I can easily add you to the mental "No check" list that I havnt bothered to create yet.

Ohhh...what a great idea.  A "squelch" for Check 6s for the people silly enough to complain about them...Go ahead and send it, if they're on the list it never goes through.
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&