Author Topic: Couple of weird issues with 2.12 Patch 1  (Read 626 times)

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
Couple of weird issues with 2.12 Patch 1
« on: March 19, 2008, 10:04:52 PM »
LA-5 texture externally looks weird.  The lettering and other elements are not matching up with the plane body.  Possible this is something with my install, but every other plane looks correct.

Offline, when you do a mission and then go back to the back, all of the NME GVs/Planes are gone and don't return until you quit and rejoin.

GV engine sounds seem louder.  This is specifically true with the Jeep.  May just be me, but I have them turned down really low and yet when I drive a jeep around it seem very loud compared to all other GVs.  Maybe this is just modeled differently because it is open are, but thought I would bring it up.

When looking at planes in the hangar and switching between planes each on has to refresh as if loading the texture for the first time (I describe it that way because on my old system I used to have textures set not to pre-load and it would behave that same way).  You change from one plane to the next and you see the model for a moment with no skin.  It then fills in and in a couple fo seconds is correct.
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
Re: Couple of weird issues with 2.12 Patch 1
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 01:08:49 PM »
Last night I deleted my cache and renamed the video8.cfg.  I let the cache get rebuilt and I am still seeing the same thing.  What it looks like is that the skin is not properly oriented to the model.

Anyone else seen this?

Also notice that there is a stutter in my frame rate each time something is rendered for the first time.  For instance, if I shoot at the drone B-24 and a langing gear falls off, when it first falls away, there is a stutter.  If I cause the thing to burst into flames, there is a stutter.

This was not there prior to this upgrade.  It may have something to do with what I am seeing in the hangar as well.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 02:11:43 PM »
Can you post a screenshot?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 02:15:38 PM »
I get the same thing on the La5. You can see the full profile of an la5, but shrunk and placed in a wierd place. It's all mis-mapped or something.

I haven't noticed the hangar display issue, though, but I did notice a bit more stuttering.

I've got an E6420, 2GB DDR2 dual channel, PCIe Ge7600 GTS 256MB, running 1280x1024, 512 texture res, preload textures, preload skins, hardware vertex enabled (I think that's it, I've got the box below "preload" checked), all GV/gun effects enabled, sliders at max.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 03:12:54 PM »
With Patch 1

I and everyone around me noticed stuttering all their end at the same time.  we were flying together for over an hour or two and then bam, in a few minutes, we were hit with stuttering every 30sec or so.  Seemed to stutter when we were firing, or lookin around.  Maybe sametime was due to we all were fighting at same time so naturally the stutter comes when fighting.

I wrote this poorly, but I'm in a hurry, sorry.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Hamltnblue

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 03:36:36 PM »
Could be the extra bandwidth of hundreds of people downloading the updates and patches as well as the fresh download of textures which happens after the update.

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 09:40:39 PM »
With Patch 1

I and everyone around me noticed stuttering all their end at the same time.  we were flying together for over an hour or two and then bam, in a few minutes, we were hit with stuttering every 30sec or so.  Seemed to stutter when we were firing, or lookin around.  Maybe sametime was due to we all were fighting at same time so naturally the stutter comes when fighting.

I wrote this poorly, but I'm in a hurry, sorry.

That is very similar to me...everytime I fired or looked at new things, etc.

I went online and when I try to select either LA, I get an invalid skin ID error.  So, I deleted the skins and went offline to download them...They are not availabe on the skins page.  Were the skins removed?

For the stuttering, did not see it immediately online (like I did offline), but every now and then I would get a little hiccup.

Intel Quad Core 2.66, 2 GB RAM, 8800 GTC SSC w/ 640 MB RAM

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 11:56:56 PM »
OK, figured out the LA5 issue.  Every plane that got updated now no longer matches the skins so anything bu the default skin will not work.

Still not understand the stuttering, but it got me killed.  Then, after flying a while it stopped.  I think because by that point every texture had finally actually loaded.  Could be wrong, but it jsut doesn't seem like the the textures are actually in memory.  Either that or they are taking a lot longer to render in this release.