Author Topic: Lavochkin  (Read 546 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Lavochkin
« on: March 19, 2008, 05:16:21 PM »
Some of this may be stuff that was "decided" but I'll mention it any way..........

The flap valve was not a multi posiional valve. It was a closed centre  push to lower pull to pull to raise affair. So the default position was central and it moves forward as the flaps lower to return to centre after each "step". and moves back to raise and returns to centre at each step.

As it is now the flap valve gives an indication of the flap position. If you decide to leave it this way then the flap indicator scale moved onto the top of the dash is not really needed and it quite "spoils" an other wise very good rendition of the La7 dash (even if some guages are "swopped" around)

The gear valve is not animated but is shown in the up position. Actually during flight this would be in the neutral mid position.

On Spits AH has the wing gear indicators (little red pins) modeled why are not the same devices modelled on the Lavochkins.

The top of the front armoured glass should edge to the frame and not have an area where you can see over it under the front armoured inner frame "hoop".

Rudder operating pedals should sit on a paralax frame  such that they stay in line rather than rotate about the pivot point.

The speed dial is incorrectly marked. 400 should be at 6 (o clock) and 200 at 3 (o clock).

Compas is 180 degrees out as mentioned elsewhere.

Cannon tubes never poked out the end of the forward cowl orifices of the La7 they should look just like the orifices in the La5 (but 3 of them for the 3 x B20 cannon) . Both Shvak and B20 had the same barrel lenght but the B20 was considerably shorter over all.

I think the pilot can lift his head higher than he should be able to with the canopy closed. (an opinion)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 05:37:53 PM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Lavochkin
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 05:42:29 PM »
Speed dial is also off in LA-7. It doesnt show correct speed readings.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 05:55:17 AM »
Speed dial is also off in LA-7. It doesnt show correct speed readings.

cc, I noticed the same thing in the La-5FN. I noticed I was getting wind noise at 200 actual, as per the little red line on the IAS meter, but when I checked the E6B, I was actually doing 297.

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 08:58:59 AM »
Not sure what the handle is but there is a large red handle that when your in the default seated position covers 1/4 of the altimeter making it hard to tell alt unless you move your position. Didn't know if this was true on the actual planes or not so figured i post it. I don't worry much about alt in the la7 anyway, long as i'm not hitting trees i'm happy. :D

Offline NitroFish

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 11:33:18 AM »
On the LA5, the Fuel gauge does not have the fuel tank indicator. (LW,RW)

CPR
CPR

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 11:55:40 AM »
Not sure what the handle is but there is a large red handle that when your in the default seated position covers 1/4 of the altimeter making it hard to tell alt unless you move your position. Didn't know if this was true on the actual planes or not so figured i post it. I don't worry much about alt in the la7 anyway, long as i'm not hitting trees i'm happy. :D
Take only two cannons. I think this is actually more of a feature than anything, as it discourages the use of the rare 3x 20mm loadout.