Author Topic: For Bubi....  (Read 429 times)

Offline Brocster

• Zinc Member
For Bubi....
« on: March 20, 2008, 10:17:11 PM »
I should have put this on the forum a few days ago...

I was thinking of how much (at least in my perception) that both in the MA and on the boards the concentration is on the negative.  "Hotards", "ace pilots", vulcing complaints, etc, etc.  You all know what I mean....  I get a little disappointed in those comments and attitudes, and for me, it takes a little away from the game.

Yet the other day, over furball central, I got in a very fun dogfight with a 109.  The plane was expertly flown, and we went around and around, verticle jostling, stall fighting, energy gaining, energy losing, short shot opportunties, etc.  (I was in a Yak).  Only because I got lucky (the 109 was distracted by another plane), I was able to down the 109 due to a radiator hit.  I decided to not strafe the plane as it sat on the ground, because of respect (that is not important).  The 109 towered, and I got the "shot down Bubi" message.  Within 2 seconds I got the <S> from Bubi and a question over 200 asking who shot him down, followed by some very generous and gracious comments from Bubi.

I think that one fight shows true class, helps me understand why I love this game, and, given a large amount of negative comments which seem to appear, should be recognized and noted.

<S> Bubi
Dodging the wife ack on my 6 at all times

- - When my two year old pulls the joystick cable out, can I get my own proxie kill?  - -

Flying as CrzeMonk in the MA

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: For Bubi....
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 11:25:42 PM »
Welcome to both of you new folks. Most folks here you'll find are alright.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 11:30:33 PM »
Not shuffler though, nothing but a kill stealing...
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Angrist

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 11:38:18 PM »
Bubi's a damn good pilot, and a helluva nice guy. :aok

Offline wrongwayric

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 12:55:38 AM »
I usually figure if i'm not, or some else is not, complaining then i/we are not flying enough. Usually the most frustrated guys are the ones that seem to be doing the best and just hate to lose kills or not get a good fight. Personally as long as the guy isn't using gutter language i don't mind if he complains. I'd rather hear ram tard or ho tard than some of the other stuff i've heard. I rarely give salutes unless we've had a good 1v1 fight or the guy did something just amazing. You find some really great guys in this game then you find some that...well we won't go there.
AKsleepy

Offline jon

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.wildaces.us
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 08:24:43 AM »
I think there are more people here like that than you would think. yesterday i landed 3 kills in a f4u1d, after landing HAWK55 pm's me with a salute and a pat on the back. he was not one of the kills so I pm him back and said ty but what for? (I did not remember killing him in some bombers a day or two earlier.)
And he came back with you fly that f4u well .and told me the storie (which refreshed my memory) of how I killed him in some B26's. <salute> HAWK55, Bubi,and all who have a little integrity in this game. :salute

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 08:38:12 AM »
Another fine example for me was last night when I fought with Jenks' F4U-C in my Yak9U. I really had to work at getting him down as the fight went from mid-alt to on the deck T&B, which for me was extremely difficult, flying a plane that isn't known for great turning ability. I barely managed to rake some 20mm across his tail to put him in the drink. He and I <S>'d each other as it was fairly intense fight. Great fun!
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Dastrdly

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 09:37:16 AM »
i also think there r many more than u think

i think mutual respect comes from a good clean fight.

many of times i have managed to drag some1 from the edge of a horde into open airspace, had a good dogfight then recieved msgs "wow the was the most exciting fight ive had in a long time".

most fly horde style & pay the piper....continuos ho pick ram gang whine & smack talk.

today i find it easier to <S> them all & get on with 'my' game  ;)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 09:46:54 AM by Dastrdly »

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »
Thanks! Twas a fun fight. <S>

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 11:29:16 AM »
Welcome to both of you new folks. Most folks here you'll find are alright.

Actually, Bubi has been around a while.  Used to be 762R in-game. 

Solid cadre member and resident butt-whooper for JG11.  He has pulled my arse outta the fire on more than one occasion.

<S> to both of you.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.