Author Topic: OMG!!!  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Void56

• Zinc Member
OMG!!!
« on: March 22, 2008, 07:17:00 AM »
ok the ping on all arenas by me are at 200. every time i get in, no more than 10 secs in does it say host lost conn. i have never had a conn problem but now i do. sometimes it says host timed out as well. this has been really frustrating and i have tried everything so plz help me out! :cry
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 01:59:45 PM by Skuzzy »
The Corsair's distinctive sound, which earned it among the Japanese the nick-name of "Whistling Death", partly because of the engine sound, that was caused by the wing-root inlets for engine air.
-in other words American planes kick butt!!!-

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Re: OMG!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 07:27:24 AM »
more then likely its your internet. try running a ping plotter and posting the results here.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Void56

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 07:42:35 AM »
i have the plotter but do i type in the ip for the arenas or my ip or what?
The Corsair's distinctive sound, which earned it among the Japanese the nick-name of "Whistling Death", partly because of the engine sound, that was caused by the wing-root inlets for engine air.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 07:48:46 AM »
Use the IPs listed in "READ THIS: Internet Connection Hints/Tips" sticky.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Void56

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 07:54:09 AM »
why cant i paste it?

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 07:58:48 AM »
left click to hilite; right click to paste

Offline Void56

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 08:13:30 AM »
for some reason i cant do that not even highliting will highlight. but it says at first 100% packets lost and then it goes down slowly if that helps

Offline Void56

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 08:28:43 AM »
help

Offline Void56

• Zinc Member

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 09:56:45 AM »
C:\Program Files\muvee Technologies\muvee autoProducer 5.0 - HPD\Samples\206.16.60.39.png
here it is

Sorry, you have to upload that picture forst to any picture or file hosting website. The path you gave us is on your own computer - of course we have no access to your harddrive ;)

Best go to http://img1.imageshack.us/ and upload that picture. Post the resulting link here.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 09:59:07 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 01:19:25 PM »
for some reason i cant do that not even highliting will highlight. but it says at first 100% packets lost and then it goes down slowly if that helps
If your getting 100% packet loss on the first hop, that is what's causing your discos. I would call your ISP (internet service provider) and let them know. This is the reason people with dial up can play. As long as they have a stable connection (not losing packets), the higher ping causes from dial up doesn't matter as much.

Also, as Lusche pointed out it would be nice to see the picture so we can see where it's losing all those packets. But, just going by what you said, that at first it says 100% loss I would say it's your ISP.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 09:47:16 AM »
first hop is usually your computer, next is your router, then it starts with the ISP. If its the first hop thats at 100% packet loss, maybe you didn't re-allow the game to connect in your anti virus. After an update you have to go into your antivirus and set it to allow the game to connect.

Offline Void56

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 10:03:28 AM »
its ok now guys because i found out i had spyware and i had automatic updates in the background.....now my pc is fine. like i said i never normally have bad conn!!!! :aok :D

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 11:53:32 AM »
first hop is usually your computer, next is your router, then it starts with the ISP. If its the first hop thats at 100% packet loss, maybe you didn't re-allow the game to connect in your anti virus. After an update you have to go into your antivirus and set it to allow the game to connect.
Ah, thanks for the correction Fugi. Didn't know first hop was computer, nor second router. Will know this for future reference.  :aok

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 01:03:19 PM »
If you're using ping plotter, you can set it to ignore the first hop. Also, you can copy the trace as text, and just paste the results into a thread without needing to upload an image to a host site.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech