Author Topic: discos just after connecting  (Read 485 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
discos just after connecting
« on: March 18, 2008, 02:26:29 PM »
almost every time I log in I get discod a coupla minutes later. this has been happening for a while but happens every time now. I have; checked disk, ram, cpu/gpu temps etc, run full disk check and repair (no errors), cleaned up and defragged, reinstalled AH from scratch, deleted cache etc etc etc. I've tried it with and without fsautostart. here is a pingplot from just now:

which looks fine. If I log into TA, DA or AvA (10ish players) its fine, LW Blue (<100 players) is ok for a minute or so then discos, LW Orange (>150 players) and I disco almost immediately. The more players in an arena, the faster it discos. The net status looks ok in each of the arenas, it just seems to give up loading the arena data.

AH is unplayable for me at the moment, heeelp!  :cry
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: discos just after connecting
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 03:41:22 PM »
What preload options in the game's "Video Settings" do you have checked?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 05:09:19 PM »
well ive tried it with and without preload textures - makes no difference, same with hires textures and lower resolution. im thinking it must be dropped packets - while it looks ok in PP, ping status on LW:Orange in the arena browser shows 2 or 3 packets dropped every 300. would this be enough to stop it loading?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline eh

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 09:29:51 PM »
I am getting something similar. Every time I click on "Quit" I get a click from the monitor, a black screen and a message saying that aceshigh.exe had difficulties and had to exit. Then I end up on the desktop. This happens when I Quit to go to another arena, and when I try to exit the game. Every time.

This has never happened before... only after installing the new patch.

AMD 4000+
2 G. RAM
GeForce 6800GT with 256 RAM
Windows XPPro 64.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 11:33:41 AM »
okay its happening again today, disco after a few minutes every time. inflight or in tower. net status looks fine, as does pingplot:

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 03:40:09 PM »
the odd packet lost from the last few hops dont coincide with the discos btw, when im discod the MA server is responding just fine.

another thing that happens is that squaddies' icons show in friendly colours, not squadmate colours.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 03:42:07 PM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron