Author Topic: VF-17 doesn't live here anymore  (Read 3897 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: VF-17 doesn't live here anymore
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 01:32:20 PM »
That's why, as very eloquent as your post is, the reasoning is difficult to understand. You knew coming in, that the F4U wasn't likely to see the availability needed to support a squad based on it because of balance issues in an uncontrolled arena like the AvA. It's as if you're hoping to drum up support to persuade the staff to make it available by posting this.

Too bad, though I made it as clear as possible otherwise, that you got that from my post. It wasn't that I didn't know what the AvA is or even the CT was, it's that I realised my efforts in the AvA have always hurt my ability to support VF-17. As long as you've known me, how strong a presense, in any arena, has VF-17 had? That's why I said the writing of the post, as it progressed, was an epiphany. If I thought there was any chance of AvA being beneficial to my squadron I would make it my one and only arena. And as far as this being seen by you as some sort of manipulative effort on my part of get late war IJ vs F4U pac setups into a regular rotation in the AvA, you must have me confused with someone else and it's a bit disconcerting you don't know me that well.

I'm suprised you guys are putting me in a position to make me explain myself over and over again ... to defend something that's no skin off your nose or mine. I thought this was done very well, without angst or confusion, in just one post. I'd appreciate you just leaving it at that rather than make something worse of it than it is. The only reason I took this much effort to phrase my thoughts and feelings and share them with you is all the time I've spent here both supporting and enjoying the AvA. If you enjoyed my time here with you and you don't have a problem with me not having as much devoted to it upon my recent return to the game then give me a break without trying to break my oysters. :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 01:41:18 PM by Arlo »

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 02:00:34 PM »

I'm suprised you guys are putting me in a position to make me explain myself over and over again ... to defend something that's no skin off your nose or mine.

Pretty sure you put yourself in that position.   ;)

Good Luck with Vf-17 Arlo <S>

Have you considered signing up for the FSO?
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 02:10:56 PM »
Pretty sure you put yourself in that position.   ;)

Good Luck with Vf-17 Arlo <S>

Have you considered signing up for the FSO?

*ShruG* You're right, I pretty much saw it comin' but my current temperment is more casual than ever. Hobbies are mare for fun and relaxation.  ;)

I've considered it, once the Jolly Rogers are up to speed and a respected and feared part of the community once again. Even then, FSO required weekly commitment and participation from the squad and, like I said, VF-17 is commited to portraying VF-17 as best it can in the AHII enviroment. :)  :salute

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 02:13:24 PM »
I'm giving you a bad time over two issues. You stated some weeks ago, to paraphrase, that you were coming back to the game to participate in the excitement of the new AvA, yet now, you've implied you're taking a squad of some size out of the AvA over the lack of a ride. I know that you had the foresight going in, that the F4U wasn't going to be available so I don't understand why you resurrected VF-17 as a dedicated F4U squad in the AvA.

I see TheBug has posted while I was composing this. I'd encourage you to try FSO where you're more likely to see the F4U, and you might even have it assigned to your squad but it isn't a sure thing that you'd even be flying Allies that tour.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 02:32:52 PM »

Yep.

You're just made because you get beat up by me all the time.

Not knowing how to read and not wanting to read are two different things. I did'nt feel like reading a book about how he cant fly his F4Us because theres never PTO setups. That whole page could have been said in three or four sentences.

TK, try and think for a moment what the AVA would be like with just PTO aircraft 90% of the time. Put away the Allies in the CV ack cliche for a moment. Imagine an AVA that was 90% of the time flying Japanese planes, imagine how uninteresting that would be for  JG-54 and the other Luftwaffe fans. That's Arlo's point. Seeing how most of your squadrons historic, and favorite aircraft are included in almost every setup...Maybe you could show a little understanding into not wanting to hang around if your squads rides are never here.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 02:46:42 PM »
TK, try and think for a moment what the AVA would be like with just PTO aircraft 90% of the time. Put away the Allies in the CV ack cliche for a moment. Imagine an AVA that was 90% of the time flying Japanese planes, imagine how uninteresting that would be for  JG-54 and the other Luftwaffe fans. That's Arlo's point. Seeing how most of your squadrons historic, and favorite aircraft are included in almost every setup...Maybe you could show a little understanding into not wanting to hang around if your squads rides are never here.

Thats the thing. Why make a VF squad when you know theres not going to be alot of PTO setups. Thats like speeding past a cop and then getting POed that he pulled you over.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 02:57:26 PM »
I'm giving you a bad time over two issues. You stated some weeks ago, to paraphrase, that you were coming back to the game to participate in the excitement of the new AvA, yet now, you've implied you're taking a squad of some size out of the AvA over the lack of a ride. I know that you had the foresight going in, that the F4U wasn't going to be available so I don't understand why you resurrected VF-17 as a dedicated F4U squad in the AvA.

I see TheBug has posted while I was composing this. I'd encourage you to try FSO where you're more likely to see the F4U, and you might even have it assigned to your squad but it isn't a sure thing that you'd even be flying Allies that tour.

Well stop it. And no, VF-17 is not a squad "of some size." That's really my point. *blink* You been seeing a lot more VF-17ers flying the AvA (in or out of an F4U) than I remember? Maybe VF-17 blossomed during my time away? Well that's good to know. ;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2008, 03:02:28 PM »
Thats the thing. Why make a VF squad when you know theres not going to be alot of PTO setups. Thats like speeding past a cop and then getting POed that he pulled you over.

I was part of VF-17 long before I was part of AHII, TK and really, since I know there's no way you're going to even want to understand this ... much less capable of doing so .... I'll just refer you back to the first post no matter what opinion you have about this. Thank you.  :salute

I'm good, how about you?  :D

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2008, 03:04:22 PM »
Why make a VF squad when you know theres not going to be alot of PTO setups.

Maybe that needs to change once if the AVA goes back to weekly historic setups. Why force one side into different planes weekly while the other side gets thier favorites most of the time?

Good point Arlo replace force with HAVE TK  ;)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 03:41:15 PM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2008, 03:30:25 PM »
Maybe that needs to change once if the AVA goes back to weekly historic setups. Why force one side into different planes weekly while the other side gets thier favorites most of the time?

(edit) My bad - saw the "forcing" (and posting from work - not only must I read fast but reponses usually have 22 interruptions). Heh
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 04:25:44 PM by Arlo »

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2008, 04:11:39 PM »

Good point Arlo replace force with HAVE TK  ;)

Then we can see our old AvA with no one in it. Because let me tell you flying in CV ack all week isnt that much fun.

Lets see the list for a PTO setup:

A6M5
Ki61

vs.

Every american plane in the game.

Yep real fun.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

VWE

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2008, 04:23:02 PM »
Wow, gee... you gave it a go, and a whole 2 weeks at that!

Offline sparow

• Nickel Member
      • http://249sqn.wordpress.com/
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2008, 04:32:36 PM »

You're just made because you get beat up by me all the time.

Not knowing how to read and not wanting to read are two different things. I did'nt feel like reading a book about how he cant fly his F4Us because theres never PTO setups. That whole page could have been said in three or four sentences.

Three simple corrections:

First, when quoting, quote, don't edit.

Second, it's mad, not made.

Third, not be willing to read a book this size, says much about your literacy.

And yes, you're a childish bully. Remember that day a couple of years ago when you tried to boot me out of a public arena (AvA) because it was JG day out in the playground? What a jerk...

Grow up and grow some hair kid, especially where it counts!

Cheers,
Sparow
249 Sqn RAF "Gold Coast"
Consistently beeing shot down since Tour 33 (MA) and Tour 8  (CT/AvA)

Visit us at http://249sqn.wordpress.com/

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2008, 04:46:32 PM »
Wow your trying to tell me how to spell because I double clicked the D with the E. Reread your post then talk to me. I dont have to nor want to read that whole page of nothing to understand what hes whining about.

How could I boot you out of a public arena? Back in the day there were many MANY days when there were only JG54 members on, so we would switch and fight each other. If you came in and started picking, like you always do, then yes you would have heard something. So you grow up get some ACM training then come back and talk like you have a pair.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2008, 04:53:57 PM »
Gurlz.... c'mon already.  Nobody's holding yer hand while you dance through the AAA.  That's a choice all of your own making.
 :rock
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/