Author Topic: Bombsite in Axis v Allied problem  (Read 436 times)

Offline wstcst

• Zinc Member
Bombsite in Axis v Allied problem
« on: March 23, 2008, 04:54:45 PM »
Have come accross this issue over the past month.  When calibrating the bombsite in a B-17, The speed remains on -0- and overshoots the tgt.  I cannot locate any written info on this as in the other arenas, the speed is automatically set.  I get the mapclick for alt and that locks in but am at a loss on the speed issue. 

Thanks, Wsty.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Bombsite in Axis v Allied problem
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 05:12:22 PM »
Have you tried the "old" calibration method?
See Rule #4

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 05:12:56 PM »
 :rofl :rofl

That's the way it's supposed to be. You have to manually calibrate, to get the airspeed set, the bomb alt set. It's the old AH1 bomb site set up. Just read the instructions in the top left corner when your in F6, follow it word for word and you should get better at hitting things.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline wstcst

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 09:16:09 AM »
Thanks for the input.  Will give it a go some more.  Have the alt issue set it's just the speed.  I set the ac at a constant speed but the calabration remains at zero when I am trying to set it. 

Westy.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 02:56:52 PM »
Thanks for the input.  Will give it a go some more.  Have the alt issue set it's just the speed.  I set the ac at a constant speed but the calabration remains at zero when I am trying to set it. 

Westy.

Follow the instructions in the bombsight. Press U to get into calibration mode. Then you can manually move the bombsight with your stick. Find a spot in the terrain that sticks out. Put your crosshairs on that spot, while holding Y. The longer you keep it there, the more accurate.