Author Topic: Ostwind  (Read 330 times)

Offline LTARstud

• Zinc Member
Ostwind
« on: March 24, 2008, 11:15:43 AM »
Fix the view from the gunner seat.  Before the latest patch you could page up or down, and hold your head position.  Would be nice to have that back. As it is modeled now it is hard to see and there are blind spots.  Not nearly as effective as it used to be. This will cause the Wirblewind to be the ride of choice not only because of it's rate of fire but also because the field of view is unobstructed.   
Semper  FI

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
Re: Ostwind
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 11:53:19 AM »
How many people could fit in that turret?

I only ask because i had an idea, Most people use the tank's turret machine gun's to view whats around them, would it be possible to add another view. Kind of like a tank commander, how they almost always had there heads sticking out for a unobstructed view.

Maby they could add another position to the osti that would have a all around view "standing per say" from the turret.
That way they could use that view to spot* the enemy, change to the gun, acquire, and fire.

But i dunno if it had multiple people, or just one guy.

~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 02:00:32 PM »
I used the page up thing in osti before too and it was awsome.  Getting good in the osti was hard enough before now it's way to hard to hit anything flying across.  If nothing is done the osti will be a hanger queen.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline SWrokit

• Nickel Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com/index.php
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 02:45:48 PM »
How many people could fit in that turret?

I only ask because i had an idea, Most people use the tank's turret machine gun's to view whats around them, would it be possible to add another view. Kind of like a tank commander, how they almost always had there heads sticking out for a unobstructed view.

Maby they could add another position to the osti that would have a all around view "standing per say" from the turret.
That way they could use that view to spot* the enemy, change to the gun, acquire, and fire.

But i dunno if it had multiple people, or just one guy.

<S> BaDkaRmA

Standard compliment was 3.  One gunner;  one loader;  one spotter / driver.

The spotter would generally stand behind gunner and direct gunner by tapping on left or right shoulder indicating direction of target.

Excellent question  Salute.

<S>
Rokit
SWrokit; CO~125th Spartans

RIP.......SWfire, SWmac, GMC, SWonyx

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 06:53:24 AM »
Fix the view from the gunner seat.    

I agree!!

Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.