Author Topic: reduced price ?!  (Read 750 times)

Offline Goner

• Copper Member
reduced price ?!
« on: April 03, 2001, 04:55:00 AM »
[ regarding the appearance of "hackers" ]

> With the sudden influx of AW3 guys at $9.95 a month ,
> this was bound to happen .

i call bullsh*t ...  :-|
after the free 2 week period, we have to pay $30 like everyone else !!

Goner

Offline Goner

• Copper Member
reduced price ?!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2001, 04:59:00 AM »
i'm not even reacting to the allegation that AW'rs are hackers ... let me just say that we certainly never had them in AW.

Goner - p/o'd

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
reduced price ?!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2001, 05:54:00 AM »
'tis an old thread goner... geen nood om "kwaat" te zijn  

those who are accusing should shut up & email htc with proff, if they have any.

Saw
[Mass]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
reduced price ?!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2001, 08:38:00 AM »
  Geeze mass, You should know better than that. Proof and a private Email doesnt do squat. You need to point out these hackers to everyone, then make false acuasations without a thread of evidence and by doing so you scare them into quitting and discourage any future hacking by these  turds. Sure we may tar an innocent or 2 who only suffer from bad connects but its  a small price to pay for my personal satisfaction of nailing these buggers and getting to point out to the world how smart i am by catching them. IM not going to give up that glory and attention just because you dont like my methods.

Thats just how the world works man. Get with it.

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
reduced price ?!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2001, 08:50:00 AM »
Idiots who post rumors about hacks and prices will do more damage to this game than if HTC just came out and said it.

Fury

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
reduced price ?!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2001, 09:18:00 AM »
Now would be a great time for someone in the know to step in a quash this "Air Warriors at 9.95" rumor, if it is quashable.

I agree rumors can be damaging, that is why it is important for accurate, dependable sources to step in and set the record straight.

As far as the hacking incident, I recall it did happen, and I recall HTC making  post afterward saying that it had been taking care of.  I assue that means the offenders were punished and/or the hack was prevented from occurring again.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
reduced price ?!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2001, 09:24:00 AM »
 Why should someone have to squash something? Why doesn't one of these rumour mongerers back up this roadkill?

Goner, brush it off man. The person who wrtoe what you quoted isn't worth  the response.

Folks here know that the influx of AW people is a good thing. I've not run across anyone who has not been honorable and fun to fly with or against.

Just because a couple of malcontents choose to post crap as they have doesn't mean you need to give it any thought or value.

-Westy

Offline Khavren

• Zinc Member
reduced price ?!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2001, 12:06:00 PM »
Where are rumors of this other than in this message board?

I'm a former AW and I don't recall getting any secret emails from AH offering me a $9.95 deal to move to AH.

Think about it, if it were true, you'd see it advertised on the opening AH page as a 'Special Offer!' or some such.  HTC hasn't acquired AW's client base of records to get all our email addresses and conspire to give us a cheaper rate.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
reduced price ?!
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2001, 01:00:00 PM »

Originally posted by Khavren:
Where are rumors of this other than in this message board?

I'm a former AW and I don't recall getting any secret emails from AH offering me a $9.95 deal to move to AH.

I believe an AW squad were trying to negotiate a special price for all transferring at once... I don't know if they were successful or not - but I came over from AW last weekend and am paying the full $30...  

------------------
Flossy
AH - <Kraits>
AW - Hell Gods (and <Kraits>)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
reduced price ?!
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
I can't belive how some people, sorry to say this, stupid. What's the big deal if someone pays more or less then you are??? Official price is $29.99 and that is it. Now if, let's say I'm pyro's or HT's freind (which I'm not, saying this just for the sake of argument) and they give me a free account or an account where I pay less then everyone, what right do you have to say that this is unfair??? Same goes for the special account for those AW guys (and it's still a question if they ever got it, which I personally doubt).

mx22

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
reduced price ?!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2001, 02:11:00 PM »

Originally posted by mx22:
Official price is $29.99 and that is it.

Only IF you live outside Texas, BUT not outside the US, all other pricing options aside. I wish HTC would launder through an offshore oil rig.

Equal pricing is a myth. I have to pay 34$ somethin, but it don't bother me none  

Offline Thirdup

• Zinc Member
reduced price ?!
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2001, 02:11:00 PM »
One thing that keeps reappearing in these conversations is the "possibility" that "those AW guys" got/are getting some discount.

If there was some offer/negotiations between players from other games or squads, it was certainly not offered to the general AW community.

I personally have not flown in a few years until I popped into AH the other night (and
it shows).  I came over simply on the 2 week trial with 20 or so of the gang from Big Week (the majority of whom are not currently flying any particular sim....but were AW pilots at one time). I happen to be enjoying myself and will be subscribing at whatever the standard rate.

So keep in mind that even *if* there is/was some offer for a reduced rate out there,
it certainly did not make it past the majority of us who have appeared in the past few weeks.

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
reduced price ?!
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2001, 02:20:00 PM »

at $30.00 a month that means I pay about 25 cents an hour , there is NOTHING out there I can do for that cheap ,  
$30.00 lift ticket       $4.28 an hour
$30.00 green fees        $5.00 an hour
$30.00 gas bait fishing  $3.00 an hour

and ya don't have to leave the house

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
reduced price ?!
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2001, 06:20:00 PM »
<thinks goner just wants a reason to be mad >
just another  "why don't people think the way I do " syndrome
be happy  don't worry