Author Topic: Vista Shift/+ wont work  (Read 502 times)

Offline Baronvor

• Zinc Member
Vista Shift/+ wont work
« on: March 30, 2008, 07:05:14 AM »
I just bought a new Gateway PC with Vista. Installed the game and was cranked to play on this new PC. Funny thing is I can not take off as the shift/+ will not work. I checked and my settings are correct for the game as they are defualt. Anyone else having this issue with Vista?

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Re: Vista Shift/+ wont work
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 08:38:04 AM »
If you have a throttle (joystick lever or mouse wheel) I believe the throttle keys on the keyboard become null.

If you're using the mouse wheel or stick lever as throttle, check that they are calibrated in game. You may not be getting the full range of motion to get max function with them if they are not calibrated.

White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 12:25:11 PM »
I've noticed that I can't give people check 6's with my Vista machine... the relevant key does not respond in-game.

Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 07:36:18 PM »
I've noticed that I can't give people check 6's with my Vista machine... the relevant key does not respond in-game.

Have you tried setting another key to that function?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 07:37:40 PM »
huh that's odd about the check six.

donkey
2sBlind

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 06:59:42 AM »
do you have a wireless keyboard, i have had a few shift key combos that will not work with the wirless, what I did was reprogram them to a sinlge key.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 10:24:06 AM »
I've had to do that with the zoom too. For some reason it shifts the relevant keys for zooming in and out one key to the right.

I've had to re-key both of those. I've also meant to do the same for the Check 6 key... I'll probably just use the A key or something... whatever the rudder input keys are considering the fact that I never use those (twisty sticky).

I've tried it with a wireless keyboard (I also used a wireless keyboard with XP and had no trouble at all) and a regular keyboard (which I am using now as it has macro keys) so it's definitely not a wireless problem.

I can't say that it's a problem, I give Check 6's via Vox anyway because I like to give a bit more information than just "check 6".... "N1k high 6 dropping fast 'player', break left" or whatever.

The only trouble with that is when you get those knobs with really difficult to read/pronounce names (of which I am one, I suppose.... I've heard quite a few variants of 'Archaius' since I've been playing)  :rofl   sometimes it's just easier with those guys to hit the ck 6 key.

Anyway, it's not a big deal, I've got all I need sorted, it's just odd

Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 08:47:59 PM »
Same problem with check 6 and the zoom button problem here.  Vista 32 bit on AMD X2. Nvidia chip set.  Might get better response in the troubleshooting forum.  So don't get mad at me if I can't give you a check 6, blame Microsoft. 
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights