Author Topic: AHII fails to start with DLP as monitor  (Read 469 times)

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
AHII fails to start with DLP as monitor
« on: April 06, 2008, 11:18:19 AM »
I want to use my Samsung HLN507W DLP HDTV as a computer monitor.

I have it hooked up to the DVI input on the DLP.  I can run everything on the computer (including 3dmark06) and no problems...resolution is 1280x760.   The Nvidia 8800GT card recognizes the DLP in the setup.   

The problem is that when I click on the AHII icon to start, a white window appears...then I get "aceshigh.exe failed to start blah blah blah.... Send error report to Microsoft?"   I put my NEC Multisync 950E CRT on the box and it starts fine.  However, I noticed that the CRT goes through some gyration and clicks off then back on with the game.   Is AHII trying to send a signal to the Monitor?   On 3dmark06, it pops up a "scanning system setup" for the CPU tests and then rescales the DLP to 800x600 but only for those tests.  And it runs them fine.

Anyone...any ideas?   

Softail

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: AHII fails to start with DLP as monitor
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 05:26:13 PM »
I want to use my Samsung HLN507W DLP HDTV as a computer monitor.

I have it hooked up to the DVI input on the DLP.  I can run everything on the computer (including 3dmark06) and no problems...resolution is 1280x760.   The Nvidia 8800GT card recognizes the DLP in the setup.   

The problem is that when I click on the AHII icon to start, a white window appears...then I get "aceshigh.exe failed to start blah blah blah.... Send error report to Microsoft?"   I put my NEC Multisync 950E CRT on the box and it starts fine.  However, I noticed that the CRT goes through some gyration and clicks off then back on with the game.   Is AHII trying to send a signal to the Monitor?   On 3dmark06, it pops up a "scanning system setup" for the CPU tests and then rescales the DLP to 800x600 but only for those tests.  And it runs them fine.

Anyone...any ideas?   

Softail

I'd try to delete the video8.cfg file in the aces high folder and let the game reset to default video setting and see if it runs from there.

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
Re: AHII fails to start with DLP as monitor
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 05:50:13 PM »
Ok...figured it out.  I had to load up the Digital and Analog Video drivers for a Samsung LCD Display. 

Now it works....toooo cool!   A 50 inch view of AHII!   The only down side is that it is 1280x720 so the view is clipped at the top and bottom...but the view sure is nice ;-)

Softail