Author Topic: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE in the next patch  (Read 3394 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE in the next patch
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2008, 02:12:36 AM »
Wow..

I will say that after the numerous (I REALLY MEAN NUMEROUS) online games I have played, AH really seems to be mostly populated with adult like humans. 

The learning curve of AH seems to weed out a pretty significant number of the rif raff.

But, I've only been playing AH for about 10 days, so I may be kinda sheltered still...

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2008, 08:33:38 AM »
Uhhh...  I'm pretty sre you have 98% control over any communications u send/receive.

Ch2 can be de-tuned...

any vox can be muted by turning off your vox capabilities or even simply turning off your speakers.

the ony thing i think that remains out of control is range channel... (??) did they ever add a way to squelch/de-tune range?

you're right in that you can't really control what others type/say, but you do have control over what you see/hear...  you can do what *you* think is appropriate.. or you can sit back and whine for a nanny-state.  which do you prefer?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Turbo76

• Copper Member
      • http://www.bombergroup.com
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2008, 11:03:08 AM »
Do you let your kids watch a rated "R" movie? Then why would you let them watch and listen to a war game about killing others?  :confused:

Get headphones. Every pilot in ww2 had some!

Turbo

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2008, 11:09:50 AM »
Imoutfishing,
I agree with you bud.

I tend to play in a room away from the family, but when my son comes in the room, I shouldn't have to turn off the speakers. 

Unless this is the type of atmosphere HTC wants to promote for his game.  That's his call.

"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Cee64E

• Zinc Member
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2008, 06:00:12 PM »
The bad part is that people have to 'actively' cuss on the vox.  You have to push a button then say your trash.  I cuss when i fly but I don't do it into the mike.  People who get crude on the vox remind me of kids that take up smoking so they can look older..
R2, did we just blow up a gas station?

Offline karayaone88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2008, 10:23:34 AM »
I agree there is a cussing problem here, squelch does the trick most times. About a year back I was very excited about this game and told my boss about it. I down loaded it on my work 'puter to show him and maybe we could suggest it to our 500+ students we have contact with throughout the year. (I work at the Kalamazoo air history museum, the Air Zoo) Sure enough about 2 mins into the game "F" bombs were dropped . Apart from being embarassed in front of the boss, Aces High lost what I think would have been a good marketing buddy.
"Wanna know how to find a sniper? Send a man out and see if he gets shot. They thought that one up at West Point" The Big Red One

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2008, 04:33:51 PM »
Range Squelch woudl be great....Not only for littel kids but for older idots who haev to cuss and tell you play by play..drunk or not..

I really do not need to talk to anyone whiel iM killing much of the time...an Option to kill range sounds liek an easy fix

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2008, 05:21:33 PM »
Hey SHANE!!!   Okay, back to the subject.  I am guilty of hitting the talk key when I shouldn't (probably about 75% of the time).  I have heard some pretty offensive things and outrageous comments over range and mission vox.  I do use a headset, so, it doesn't filter into my household (we are all adults, but would still be offended by what I hear sometimes).

Is it possible in voice options to turn vox playback all the way down?   I will try this next time I am on and report the results.

If you are abusing the vox, you know who you are.  (Just like I know when I have)  After one such embarrassing outburst, "SH**!!!!!!"  I hit the mute button and typed the next day, to remind myself that vox is one of the privileges of this game.

The communication in this game is what draws me to it.  I want something like this to work with disabled kids to give them additional instruction in the classroom or other areas where exchange of ideas might be inhibited by disability.

I guess, "**IT!!!!! Happens....."  Forrest Gump  It is better to be safe and mute it if possible.  To those who think turning speakers off entirely is the answer, a large part of this game is audio.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 05:28:07 PM by Chilli »

Offline 2chance

• Copper Member
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2008, 07:02:26 PM »
where you been uptown ..we;ve missed you......