Author Topic: Timing in attack area  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Timing in attack area
« on: March 27, 2008, 09:11:11 AM »
Currently as I see it, waypoints and segments determine how long a given attack phase lasts irregardless of how many friendly or enemy planes are in the area. I think we need a new "trigger" based on icons in sight. Attack phase should continue until there are no enemy icons in visual range. At that point the flight can "warp" back to base or its next waypoint.

As it is now you can't extend an attack phase without redoing the timing on the whole string of waypoints.

Also I've seen situations where in a 4 vs 4 I had 3 enemys killed, and was closing on the 4th when I warped back to landing pattern. This is NOT a good situation for either the offline missions or anything else which this might be intended for.

I understand that this is what we have for now. But for down the road I'd really love to see some changes and improvements if possible.

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
Re: Timing in attack area
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 09:21:10 AM »
I was thinking along the same lines. Perhaps a new event for segments that's based on enemy icons. For example pause mission time until no enemy's are within icon range?
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 01:09:55 PM »
I totally agree with you, Ghosth, we need to have a sort of complete mission condition that freezes the timeline until it's over or it's not possible to achieve mission goals anymore.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 04:31:36 PM »
Does that mean I have to run away from enemy until he runs out of fuel  :uhoh

I was kidding at first, and then I thought, hmmm.

Do dem AI pile its ever look at der fuel guage, and say rtb?

I don't coad so, maybe another line says if icon range >1.5k for > 2 mins, then rtb or wherever AI pile its go :noid
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 04:43:59 PM by Chilli »