Author Topic: VMF-251 Recruiting  (Read 792 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
VMF-251 Recruiting
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:59:53 PM »
VMF-251 is still recruiting.

We've been active with the Rooks since November 2006, and fly primarily in the Late War mains. Our official squadron night is Saturdays at 9pm EST, with a training/practice generally scheduled at the same time on Wednesdays. In addition, VMF-251 is a participant in Friday Squad Ops (Fridays 11pm EST).

Our focus is on teamwork and cooperation, and our missions run a wide variety of profiles including fighter sweeps, ground attack, combat air patrol, base capture support, strategic and tactical air-support, and general furballing.

Our main ride is the Chance/Vought F4U-1A Corsair, and all of us are fans of the Bent Wing Bird, but we do frequently fly other rides as need or whimsy calls. We do prefer members in US time zones, and while will accept new pilots who may not have much stick time, we do request that you have finished your first two weeks and have a paying membership.

If you'd like to know more about the squadron, check out our web page, and there's generally one of us on throughout the week.

But don't take MY word for it....

Headquarters VMF-251 Buccaneers
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 06:01:25 PM by Saxman »
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Vipper65

• Copper Member
Re: VMF-251 Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 07:31:31 PM »
Can I sign up again?   :O
Viper
"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly."

VF-17 Jolly Rogers, 52ND Fighter Group

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 06:48:42 PM »
A perk of membership in the Bucs...

Saxman

MEF4UD

CpMorgan

We can't fly them online, but it's still neat to have. :aok

MANY more still in progress, but the nose art can be seen under the pilot profiles in the Roster.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 10:28:16 PM »
Sweet job on the paints, Sax. VF-17 enjoys one advantage of the default skin. Notice you guys have your squad night on the same night as we do. Also noticed that we're currently aligned Knight while ya'll are Rook. But we're still in flux. If we or you shift a chesspiece I'd still like to run some co-ops. We've a few rookie pilots and my rust isn't helping keep my wingie alive (not that I was much better at the "top" of my game four years ago).  :salute

Offline VonKost

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 05:05:29 PM »
I'm a VF-17er who is on most every night, would love to fly with you folks. Send me a message in game!

Offline Virtue

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 06:04:50 PM »
bump ^_ ^b  VMF251 very friendly sq and always willing to have a good time... so coomme join us for some good times...  :rock

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 11:20:58 PM »
I only winged up with VMF-251 once, during the Raid over Rabul. It was the best sortie I've ever flown. I didn't land any kills, of course.  :lol But I still had fun getting into formation with them and doing things like that. They were very very friendly, and I don't know what else to say.

They're just awesome  :aok
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 01:10:02 AM »
I knew I missed listin' an alum on the website. MEF4UD!  :salute

If he's in your squadron I *know* you're a good home for Corsair drivers. We intend to rebuild our own reputation, regarding.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 12:39:59 PM »
We still have plenty of spots available for pilots in the Mains and FSO, so don't be shy. Find us on the Mains or send me a PM.

:salute

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 11:11:21 PM »
*bump*

We're still looking, guys. The website is currently unavailable (stupid host.... I need to fix that. Should be back up tomorrow) but don't let that stop you!

Most recently, VMF-251 posted 8 pilots in combat on the final frame of the Aleutians campaign in FSO, and 10 altogether flew under our roster throughout the three weeks of the campaign.