Author Topic: Whats AAA stand for?  (Read 1268 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Re: Whats AAA stand for?
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2008, 07:24:35 AM »
Why?  It wasn't like that in real life.  Look in the photo of the attack on the Yorktown and notice the cotton ball puffs from flak on the deck.

(Image removed from quote.)

ack-ack

This game isn't realistic.. I don't think there was ever a zeek fighting a LA7 or a P38 fighting a spitfire in ww2. Why does that happen in this game? Because people think it's fun to fly whatever they want. So why have puffy ack that kills the fun in a furball needlessly. There is plenty of auto ack that can kill a incoming fighter low on the water.

For the sake of a fun game the puffy should be limited to high alt over 8 to 10k where 'most" of the CV killers come from.. Lets get real, the puffy never killls low bombers anyway it's always the auto ack. The only thing the puffy ever kills at low alt is fighters.

Also the puffy ack and CV guns would have killed friendly fighters just the same as enemy.. yet in this game it only kills the enemy. So how can you even think it's comparable to RL ww2 situations.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 07:30:48 AM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2008, 07:33:59 AM »
If I get smoked by whels while diving in on CV, OK it sucks but OK he hit me.

But, getting hit by auto ack while out of visual rangeof the carrier is BS!

I lost a 262 to it a while back (well b4 this update) was minding my own biz at about 15k flying on auto from one base to another. out of the blue puffy start going off around me and after 3 or 4 times it gets a direct hit and flames my engine in a jet doing full speed. Yet it never seems to do any damage to level bombers.
"strafing"

Offline zilla

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2008, 07:59:24 AM »
If ack stays the way it is now, I will have to cancel my account.  This is purely disgusting.  Defence? HA Just forget it and jump in a flak.

Sad thing is I dont GV

I like you too Del and alot of other players, but this is just sick, I will have take my business elsewheres if this aint fixed

the door....your butt
Copper is proper

Offline C(Sea)Bass

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »
This post has nothing to do with reality.

Sorry to sound that harsh, but that simply never happened. You may finally have gotten the "ship killed" message, but you must have had help. There is no way to sink a CV on your own with a SBD that way.

The time it takes to get to 18k in a SBD is way too long (about 17 mins!), too much damage is regenerating between your 1200lbs hits.
Assumed you are not blasted out of the sky by the new ack settings (and the SBD is a very slow and easy to hit target), it would take you about 2h to put 8000 lbs on that CV.  If you indeed "go back and rearm" instead of bomb'n'bail, it will take even longer. The task group would just yawn at your attempts.

by lone I meant no one else was in the cv's ack range at the same time as me. It was burning when I got to it, and I only re-armed twice. The point of my post was more that you can put ords on the cv without dying, than a single SBD can sink it, which you have shown is not possible.

Offline Brocster

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2008, 08:10:26 AM »

[1] "The Big E: The Story of the USS Enterprise", by Edward P Stafford
 <--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  That is one of my favorite books!  Got it when I was in 7th grade, recently purchased a nicer, used version.  Worth the read for all WWII aviation enthusiasts!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 08:16:13 AM by Brocster »
Dodging the wife ack on my 6 at all times

- - When my two year old pulls the joystick cable out, can I get my own proxie kill?  - -

Flying as CrzeMonk in the MA