Author Topic: Ability to completely squelch someone forever  (Read 412 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Ability to completely squelch someone forever
« on: April 04, 2008, 10:16:46 AM »
I can say with absolute honesty that I am one of the politest folks in the air here at AH.  Well last night someone (physician+opposite of life+X) felt it necessary to tune me direct and call me an a**hole for dropping a bomb on his panzer that was camped at one of the Knight vehicle spawns.  I do not feel that this is harmless jabbing on 200.  It is uncalled for.  No two ways about it.  I did report the person, but the true solution is the ability to detune someone forever.  I have no plans to stop dropping ordnance, so remove the ability of folks like this to hassle other players.  HTC, please here this plea from an upstanding member of the AH community. :mad:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
Re: Ability to completely squelch someone forever
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 10:46:56 AM »
Ill say his name for you DrDeathX. He private voxed me and went on a tirade for about 10 minutes once after I killed him in a tempest. At the time I thought it was hilarious but he started cussing up a storm before I even had a chance to zoom back up. Before this I never met or talked to the guy so I am sure one of these days he is going to blow a gasket at the wrong person. Apparently you and I are among the many to feel his squeakerness.

If he was to talk to one of the younger (<10) players like this I hope he gets banned period.

Strip(er)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 02:48:34 PM »
DrDeathX and Ghost66 related or the same person?  The behavior of both are the same, kill either of them and then suffer an insulting tirade for causing their demise. 

These two twits are the poster dweebs for permanent squelch feature.

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 04:03:10 PM »
DrDeathX and Ghost66 related or the same person?  The behavior of both are the same, kill either of them and then suffer an insulting tirade for causing their demise. 

ack-ack

:aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 04:17:37 PM »

ack-ack

Who? Whoops ... now I've done it.

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 09:13:31 PM »
Aces High should have a Cross country VOX filter setting, that has 3 options

Never
Always
and Prompt me.

And it should default to Never Allow, except possibly that trainers should be able to be permitted to VOX all players regardless of the setting.  I've not had the dubious pleasure of being on the receiving end of these particular individuals, unless they are the reincarnation of another player famous for his rants when killed. (City in Texas, anyone?)

It's ridiculous that players (especially new players who, as I was at the time, are feeling out the game) are subject to such nonsense.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 09:31:08 PM »
ahem film?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline DPQ5

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 02:48:01 AM »
yeah i think that drdeath did the same thing to me when i shot em down when i was in a p51b
29th Infantry Division
Darkest Hour Realism Unit
King Company
Sgt. Phillips

Offline bergy

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 11:30:01 AM »
You can add AZBATT to the list of people who will curse you out for killing them. I killed his pony with an M3, after which I was called a cheat (a compliment in this game) and then every curse word in the book (nothing original, no surprise, and no extra points for originallity either). I found it quite funny. Even better the coward exited the channel before I could reply, what a puss. MRBULLIT will text a little gem when you kill him as well (I have screen shot of text), sad really.
Game name ToeTag

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 12:23:20 PM »
DrDeath is the worst...besides Zachary7...and zoozoo sometimes...

I shot Dr down in a Spit1 and he was in a La7...we were in a turnfight, and he P-Voxed me and called me a hacker and complained that a Spit1 couldn't down an La7...
I simply PM'ed him and said:
"Well, it just did"
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com