Author Topic: Best Quality?  (Read 413 times)

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
Best Quality?
« on: April 23, 2008, 06:40:57 PM »
Hello guys, I'm starting to make my next movie, and have questions on making it the best quality that I can.

I'll be using Fraps (trial version) and WMM (I know...).  So far, the only way that I know of how to get good quality is to slow the film viewer down to about 25% speed, and use fraps to get that footage.  Then I guess I speed it up in WMM to regular speed, which I’m not even sure if WMM can do that lol.  Is that how I should approach this?  Then when I go to render the film or whatever, is there a specific setting or something I should use to again help get the best quality?  Thanks guys.

donkey
2sBlind

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
Re: Best Quality?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 06:44:19 PM »
fraps has like 30 seconds of footage at a time on trial version
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 07:37:11 PM »
fraps has like 30 seconds of footage at a time on trial version

Yes, I know this.

donkey
2sBlind

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 08:10:34 PM »
    Most of your high quality shots are filmed using Track IR. Its so smooth you dont need to slow the film footage down. If this isnt an option you can use the method you described. Right click the footage, select Effects and use the "Double speed" selection. Kermits films are done in 852X480 resolution with 2 pass rendering at 25 fps. WMM does not have the ability to do any custom settings when rendering. In the end you will have more data per second with less quality than a aftermarket editor.

WMM is severly limited compared to programs like Sony Vegas CS3 (which has a 30 day free trial). I highly suggest trying it out just to see what your missing. You will have to encode all of the fraps footage in WMM sometimes if your not seeing audio. FRAPS newier versions audio codecs arent fully supported by Vegas. After encoding it in WMM youll be able to use Vegas from that point.

Bottom line WMM is suxxor....

Post some computer specs and I will give you a few more pointers

Strip

Offline reeb

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 09:04:14 PM »
you can up the quality using WMM when you save film to your computer, click more choices when rendering where it says render for best quality for my computer. Its still not gonna be as good as a quality editor but it will render in higher quality.

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 09:57:34 PM »
Ok, thanks.  I'm not looking for top notch or anything here, just something that looks halfway decent, so that the action/storyline is on peoples mind rather then bad quality.

donkey
2sBlind

Offline Hedworx

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 10:08:50 PM »
I don't know anything about Sony Vegas, but newegg has Sony Vegas Movie Studio +DVD 8 Platinum Edition (dang that's a long title) for $55 after $30 mail in rebate.  Is that similar to CS3?  I'm guessing CS3 is a $500-$600 program..?
"Shunter"

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 12:05:37 AM »
I don't know anything about Sony Vegas, but newegg has Sony Vegas Movie Studio +DVD 8 Platinum Edition (dang that's a long title) for $55 after $30 mail in rebate.  Is that similar to CS3?  I'm guessing CS3 is a $500-$600 program..?
For someone not going professional in movie editing, Vegas is a very attractive program.  It offers a lot of the same stuff as Premiere at a fraction of the cost.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either