Author Topic: Stall buzzer  (Read 1122 times)

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Re: Stall buzzer
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 11:04:54 PM »
you;re kinda right..........
regardless of your speed, if the wing exceeds the critical AOA, it's going to stall......there isn't really too much warning from anything except for the buzzer..which goes off well before you get the buffet. ever been turning with someone, hearing your buzzer, and the plane's handling a bit funny, but no shudder? that's the wing comming to the critical AOA..and about to stall.

<<S>>

sorry if i seemed like a love muffins the way i asked that BTW

Don't worry about it.

I've feel this all the time, more often then I feel the shudder. Usually, I know when it's coming, as I constantly keep tabs on my altitude and speed.

I guess I should leave the buzzer off, as I'm doing quite fine with it silenced.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 05:41:11 AM »
i leave mine off. dont fly by instruments to often. unless i am stall fighting but i still leave it off and fly with insturments
i dont fly by intsruments because i always die if im flyin but instruments. was also told to not fly w/ them
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 10:11:39 AM »
i dont fly by intsruments because i always die if im flyin but instruments. was also told to not fly w/ them
well...like i said earlier int he thread....i don't come back inside the aircraft too often during a fight. that's why i leave the buzzer turned on...it's a bit of a warning before i get to the buffet. if i'm right, you actually lose a bit of your turn when you push to the buffeting, as that buffeting is the air seperating from the wing, causing some loss of lift.....so i use the buzzer as an audible warning....push it a bit farther, if i start to feel the buffet, i back off slightly..but never looking inside or foward(unless my target's in front of me) during a fight. that might explain why i come back with trees stuck in my plane. and sometimes why i make a really really big hole in the ground too :rofl

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 11:44:13 AM »

sorry if i seemed like a love muffins the way i asked that BTW

I bet you're not.    :D

BTW I stall my La5 at 200mph quite often and I know when it's coming without the buzzer (hate that thing). Once you've done it allot in the same ride you know when it's gonna happen.
325th Checkertails

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 12:39:04 PM »
I bet you're not.    :D

BTW I stall my La5 at 200mph quite often and I know when it's coming without the buzzer (hate that thing). Once you've done it allot in the same ride you know when it's gonna happen.

you actually feel it comming on before she departs? :O
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 01:17:40 PM »
Like Lusche, I have the stall buzzer killed off. I can feel the stall coming on.

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 01:49:44 PM »
Well I know my plane of choice(109s)like the back of my hand and yes I know pretty well how much AoA I can maximize before I start pushing the plane over its limit in many planes.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 02:09:39 PM »
I have always used the stall sound from the old European Air War, instead of the default sound.
If you like you can get it at www.ac-smolf.dk/snefens/stall.zip

Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 09:21:21 PM »
i have the one that came with mitzu's sound pack
all my volumes are pretty low wind is like 40 eng30 stall buzzer and buffet i have at 60
it only annoys me when its been on for too long and im about to die cause once again i let myself get too slow.
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline a1945

• Zinc Member
      • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 10:51:54 PM »
i have the one that came with mitzu's sound pack
all my volumes are pretty low wind is like 40 eng30 stall buzzer and buffet i have at 60
it only annoys me when its been on for too long and im about to die cause once again i let myself get too slow.
how do you turn the buzzer off but leave the buffet on.

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2008, 06:39:21 AM »
stall horn and buffet noises turned OFF on as soon as possible. definitely can feel the stall on most planes, accelerated or whatever.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Nisky

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2008, 02:18:55 PM »
I just changed the stall sound so it wasnt that high pitch. I changed it to Frudas stall sound for the P51's. Thats how i solved that issue.
just talk about random stuff but please stay on topic

Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life