Author Topic: 1 Quick Question  (Read 2160 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: 1 Quick Question
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 11:28:19 AM »
Here is the start of my chart that shows my most common opponets

190-D9 Comparison
This document compares the 190-D9 to other aircraft in Aces High.  I would personally recommend printing and using it as a quick reference sheet to see what you can do against an enemy plane.
The Dora is compared with 5 being absolutely equal and up to ten you are that much better down to 0 being that much worse. 
                                                      W= Wep
This Data comes from The Aces High™ Fighter Performance Comparison Site at http://gonzoville.com/ahcharts/index.php and Soda's Aircraft Evaluation Pages

Speed       W. Speed     Turn Rate1  Turn Rate 2    Climb     W. Climb Rate       Acceleration

P-51d     4.2           5.8       3.7        5.05           4.8      5.6      5.8

Spit 16     8.1           8.3      1.9         3.2            3.6            3.8      4.7

La-7     3.8               4.4                2.6         3.3            3.6             4.3      3.8

Think fast.  You are in a LALA and a P51D is 2K on your six closing in fast.  Based on the chart, what should you do?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 11:34:45 AM »

Think fast.  You are in a LALA and a P51D is 2K on your six closing in fast.  Based on the chart, what should you do?

Hope that a rune of invulnerability appears in his path?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 11:43:23 AM »
For example my 190 is much faster than a Nik so in the chart it might say something like 9.3 or something.  Also i'm making it for myself but I want it to be user friendly if anyone else wants to use it.

Are you racing or fighting. If fighting there are alot of other factors than speed.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 01:02:46 PM »
Are you racing or fighting. If fighting there are alot of other factors than speed.

You know of a lot of people that use the 190 for anything other than a race car?

Offline 2fly

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 05:44:11 PM »
Sorry if I am repeating someone earlier, I am too lazy today to read all 3 pages.

Perfect situation charts such as you are talking about are not a great deal of help.  Rarely in combat will you be in an apples to apples situation where plane X being 4 mph faster than plane y really comes into play.  Relative energy is the important factor.  While you are looking at your chart you are not seeing what he is doing that is affectin ghis energy relative to yours.

Having a working knowladge of the various planes is important yes but specifics that tight wont be worth the trouble to chart out in detail.  You need to know that a P38 for example can zoom climb better than damned near anything out there so if on the merge he has dove 2k feet below you, dont think that just because you are fast as well you can just pull straight up and rope him.  He will point his gawky looking monstrosity straight up and give you a .50cal enema before you can say WTF just Happened.
Knowing this little tidbit for example while flying you see him start his dive at about 3k out and you take an approiate action.  Or you can be looking at your chart for the P38 column, look back up and say...."WTF did he go?" (answer being under the huge nose of your Dora and probably just pulling up for a nice belly shot through the floorboard of the soon to be distengrated Fokewulf.)

I understand what you are trying to accomplish bud.  And I really do understand it.  I am just trying to impress upon you that SA and reading energy has far more bearing on surving/winning than dry statistics.

Good Luck!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2008, 07:51:39 PM »
ZING!
Notice who ISN'T posting after that?  :)
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 04:00:56 PM »

i would chop throttle turn towards him,maybe a couple fakes this way and that to confuse him,then bank around just enough to give myself a lead shot and try to smoke his prettythang on the way by, the operative word here is TRY.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2008, 11:34:48 AM »
i would chop throttle turn towards him,maybe a couple fakes this way and that to confuse him,then bank around just enough to give myself a lead shot and try to smoke his uncle on the way by, the operative word here is TRY.

It wont work.  It is not in the chart

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008, 11:45:32 AM »
But I'm not in a LA I'm in a 38  :P
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2008, 11:52:32 AM »
But I'm not in a LA I'm in a 38  :P

Sorry, the chart does not have anything about bombers.  However, everyone knows that the best way to attack a buff is HO

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2008, 11:55:18 AM »
Sorry, the chart does not have anything about bombers.  However, everyone knows that the best way to attack a buff is HO

:rofl

What if I am carrying torps...... I have developed a way to duct tape them on for when we want to flatten a town.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2008, 12:13:14 PM »
:rofl

What if I am carrying torps...... I have developed a way to duct tape them on for when we want to flatten a town.

I'd still go HO.  Torps are very hard to aim and you only get 2

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2008, 12:56:16 PM »
Maybe I've grown softer in my old age but instead of blasting the little kid for making his chart, he should at least be given a pat on the head for taking the time to learn.  Something that quite a lot of players just don't seem to do these days, including a large number of posters in this thread.  It's funny seeing quite a few dog pile on the kid when they themselves couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2008, 01:16:07 PM »
Maybe I've grown softer in my old age but instead of blasting the little kid for making his chart, he should at least be given a pat on the head for taking the time to learn.  Something that quite a lot of players just don't seem to do these days, including a large number of posters in this thread.  It's funny seeing quite a few dog pile on the kid when they themselves couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

ack-ack

You old softy you  :devil

The kid is trying to learn... however he could develope quicker with a hands on approach. Instead of bombarding himself with so much technical information to prepare for a fight I believe he should fly the plane of his choice and experiment with it. Then go to TA (training arena) and ask for someone with experience in said aircraft to instruct him. From there he can enter the MA (main arena) and fly for experience. Maybe hook up with some folks with like aircraft and learn some from them also. Once he actually tangles with an adversary he'll figure out real soon that the info in front of his eyes will be all the info he can comprehend at one time. Multiply that by how many other enemy aircraft join in divided by how many friendlies join and uhh ohhh  ummm.... you get the point.  :aok
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 01:29:03 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2008, 01:27:10 PM »
It seems to me you'll be going from dying because you don't know your opponents plane to dying because you're looking at your chart.

A better idea might be to spend some time in each plane available to you.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.