Author Topic: I am dissapointed  (Read 5430 times)

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
      • http://
Re: I am dissapointed
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2008, 08:26:28 AM »
I hear that TK. it wasusually 1 or 2 squads vs  another 1 or 2 squads. This meant small controlled fights.
Those we the good ole days of the AvA, let us pray they might come back.  :pray
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2008, 10:18:39 AM »
And dem french fried taters
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2008, 04:24:25 PM »
I hear that TK. it wasusually 1 or 2 squads vs  another 1 or 2 squads. This meant small controlled fights.
Those we the good ole days of the AvA, let us pray they might come back.  :pray

I doubt the makers of the game want to have a room for just a few guys to duel in when the dueling arean is available. I like that they are doing something to encourage historical battles and apparently so do the others that are now showing up in there.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2008, 04:26:09 PM »

More numbers equals crappier game play. AvA was a lot better place when there was only ten-fifteen people on a night.

I'm sure that 10-15 accounts is enough to pay the bills for running the AvA room.  :rolleyes:
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2008, 05:36:21 PM »
I doubt the makers of the game want to have a room for just a few guys to duel in when the dueling arean is available. I like that they are doing something to encourage historical battles and apparently so do the others that are now showing up in there.

Have you met the EW and MW? BTW the old AvA wasnt about dueling its was about good clean fights. WTF do you think they were doing in the old setups, me163 vs hurri1s?

I'm sure that 10-15 accounts is enough to pay the bills for running the AvA room.  :rolleyes:

It is where there were 800 a night in the MAs. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 05:47:49 PM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2008, 05:47:22 PM »
It was never about "good clean fights." It was about Axis vs. Allied equipment and historical terrains (though even the latter's been sacrificed quite a bit). Pretty simple, really. Then some players began to promote it to the MA crowd that it was about "good clean fights" and less gamey play than the MA (seeing some irony in you waving that banner, btw). And those who bought into it came in to see. Some saw it. Some didn't. Some stayed. More didn't. Because sometimes it happens .... sometimes it doesn't. But that's what happens when it really isn't about something we claim it is. And that's what feeds the hypocricy slap back from visiting critics.

And there's been some rather unique setups *cough* Second Wind *cough*  -  though I wouldn't go so far as to exaggerate them.

If it takes ramping things up to a scenario style 24/7 war to get this train back on track, I'm all for it. I always saw potential in that. From most of the feedback to date, I'm not alone.  :aok :D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 05:49:21 PM by Arlo »

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2008, 05:49:07 PM »
So 23 vs 6 a night is "good clean fights"?
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2008, 05:50:10 PM »
So 23 vs 6 a night is "good clean fights"?

You're almost there. Stretch just a little further to the light of reality.  :)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2008, 06:48:57 PM »
How about when allies took all those fields by pas de calais  11 vs 1-2.

Every time I go in there numbers are 5-10:1.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2008, 07:01:41 PM »
How about when allies took all those fields by pas de calais  11 vs 1-2.

Every time I go in there numbers are 5-10:1.

How about when you led the charge? Besides ... you're beside the point (and it's painfully obvious you don't get this). You're still expecting everyone to believe the AvA was designed to be the segregated planeset fair fight arena (and waving that rally flag from a very fragile glass castle). It wasn't. It never has been. Best it can be is a persistant scenario enviroment with settings designed to give both sides the same advantages and disadvantages. Everything else will always be dictated by the players and the community should be realistic in what to expect (and willing to help players develop the tools to deal with it other than complaining and petitioning and making childish points in and out of the arena). I know you and Storch and JG54 aren't that much a part of the interesting developments as of late and you feel resentful and left out. But if you're not a part of it, you've really nobody to blame but yourselves. No sense complaining others aren't getting things right when you're really afraid they may be. ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 07:09:47 PM by Arlo »

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2008, 07:43:19 PM »
How about when you led the charge?

When I was axis CO we were outnumbered 2-3:1 almost every night.

JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Eldorado74

• Zinc Member
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2008, 08:34:19 PM »
 I am always amazed by some of the stuff I read in here, most is quite entertaining. I have been playing AH for a long time (used to fly as HiJacker) and the CT was the place to be. Never did much posting, others much better at it than I am, but is always the best arena to play in. There has always been disagreements on how to play and what is real scenerio and vulching etc-etc-etc, but the fact of the matter is its still the best arena. We have always had players who like to kind of rub it in (Shane comes to mind of times ago, and storch nowadays) but all in all it was fun, and they were good. I agree with some that the old arena was better, 1or2 squads against a couple of others there were some great duels. We all seem to enjoy this arena, there is always gonna be things we dont like (in my case I stink and get killed alot) but hey its only a game, and if the game is not fun for you I cant understand why you would play. There it is pretty simple. So lets just play and have fun, and be nice, its really much easier.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2008, 09:12:37 PM »
<S>Hijacker good to see ya.

What's your in game handle now?

“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2008, 11:22:10 PM »
When I was axis CO we were outnumbered 2-3:1 almost every night.

*cough, cough* BS
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2008, 12:16:19 AM »
*cough, cough* BS

Yea you would know. I spend more time on the craper then you spend in the AvA.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner