Author Topic: Shoot the chutes  (Read 3216 times)

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
Re: Shoot the chutes
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 04:51:06 AM »
If you bail and hold off on pressing O until you see clear treetops you are only hanging for 2 seconds, then you are free to run to the map room or hide in a strategic location and send all the intel you like.
2 seconds is very close to the ground and no plane is going to risk following a falling pilot that far to see if he pops his chute :lol
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 05:17:51 AM »
Can't remember if it was the beginning of AHII that the side arm became active.  Prior to that I never shot chutes but as soon as we got map room campers and runway stalkers the cuffs were off.  I'll shoot any chute over my field or town I'm attacking.... that's a given.  BB's is all I use.  Chutes in no mans land I'll pass up unless said chute was a total tw@ in a fight with me...revenge  ;)

As for bailing I'll do it only if the plane can't maintain flight or a reasonable chance of a ditch, then it's dot EF no "o" and straight to tower to go again.  No messing about and I'd still do it if there was no score for me to preciously worry about :rolleyes: .  The only time I'll "ride it in" is if I'm to low to bail.   As for those that habitually "ride it in" their 1 of 2 things.  Newbies that know no better and those with some kind of score statement to make.  Either way it doesn't bother me.  It's their time their waisting.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 05:42:07 AM »
LOL Runway Stalkers...
I'd totally forgotten about that. Who hasn't felt the joy of killing pilots as they roll with their .45?
:lol
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 06:19:12 AM »
I need to get back to shooting chutes. I tried being nice, thats no fun. :t
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 06:46:20 AM »
If I do bail, I never even open my chute...I just .ef....if somebody is taking the time to open their chute and float to the ground then they are up to something, and that something isn't good.
Lagger

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2008, 09:07:47 AM »
I nailed someones chute in fso one time, good laughs.

If it were real life I wouldn't shoot someone who had bailed, they are already out of the fight.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2008, 09:09:19 AM »
 If it was a good fight I wont shoot the meatwad but if it some ho sped I'll wack em.Didnt even concider the forward observer aspect but now a days I guess ya have to.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2008, 09:17:00 AM »
So much ado about nothing.. You'd think this was a religious topic, or something..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2008, 09:29:33 AM »
Always Kills chutes

:noid

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2008, 10:27:24 AM »
All of the above, and, it's fun when they blow up after you make them splode.  ;)
Nope, he had diarreha :rofl
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline BarryBD

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2008, 10:53:48 AM »
I'm app. a woos...

I bail when necessary, just to save the pilot (myself)... for no other reason than that
I do not shoot at bailed pilots...
I do not vulch, for no reason what so ever...
I don't even fly my bomber in the ground when it dropped it's egg's...
I even try to land every single sortie (when I'm not killed :D), not for score, but out of respect for planes...
I see it as a challenge to land a heavely damaged plane (gliding in is a thrill)

The only exception I make is a goon dropping his troops, then I try to take out the chutes...

It's not a game, someone told me, it's a sim...

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2008, 11:05:37 AM »
I bail when my craft is dead. I don't give a crap about score. (though, I do enjoy stats, comparing certain things)

I fly back to a base after a 40 minute sortie even if I have no kills.

I fly a plane til it's dead.

I don't auger.

I don't ride it in.

I don't/rarely spray my guns while going down or floating arse-first into the ground.

I fly a plane home 2 sectors without oil or radiator.

I don't give a rat's about SCORE, to me it is just part of the immersion/fun. If all you do is run to the fight, HO some tard, and die, rinse & repeat, there's no point in playing AH over FA. Hell, what do we even need gear for? Why not have air spawns in the middle of the furball???

I bail for the same reason I take off and land, for the same reason I take enough fuel to make it home afterwards.

Because if you don't have these things the game is just too arcadish.

Has nothing to do with giving check6s, nothing to do with camping runways, nothing to do with scores (you're down, the kill has been awarded, end of story for me). It has everything to do with immersion, personal preference, and frankly, because I want to, dammit!

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2008, 11:26:33 AM »
I will stick with my plane until there is no control at all, for me sometimes half the fun is limping a plane home on one engine, oil spewing, control surfaces gone, no gears, no guns, and half a wing (which I wish smaller damage portion could occur).  I do this for the same reason as Krusty.  Its the immersion/fun part. The other day I flew a 17 back to base 1 engine, no rudder, 1 gear, most of the gunners dead, to make a super smooth belly landing.  Took 50min for the RTB trip, but was very enjoyable to me.

As for shooting the chute, I will ping them if they bail over town, or if they are by my gv annoying me with there bb gun.  :aok
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2008, 12:08:02 PM »
LOL for crying out loud it's a cartoon airplane game.  I think it's hilarious when someone goes through the effort to shoot my chute and even more funny when I'm on the giving end of things.  Plus there's the occasional chance the guy will collide with your chute, which leads to great times on ch 200!.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2008, 12:26:29 PM »
I bail when my craft is dead. I don't give a crap about score. (though, I do enjoy stats, comparing certain things)

I fly back to a base after a 40 minute sortie even if I have no kills.

I fly a plane til it's dead.

I don't auger.

I don't ride it in.

I don't/rarely spray my guns while going down or floating arse-first into the ground.

I fly a plane home 2 sectors without oil or radiator.

I don't give a rat's about SCORE, to me it is just part of the immersion/fun. If all you do is run to the fight, HO some tard, and die, rinse & repeat, there's no point in playing AH over FA. Hell, what do we even need gear for? Why not have air spawns in the middle of the furball???

I bail for the same reason I take off and land, for the same reason I take enough fuel to make it home afterwards.

Because if you don't have these things the game is just too arcadish.

Has nothing to do with giving check6s, nothing to do with camping runways, nothing to do with scores (you're down, the kill has been awarded, end of story for me). It has everything to do with immersion, personal preference, and frankly, because I want to, dammit!

Here, here! 100% agreed.

I never bother to shoot chutes.

If they're trying to prevent a town cap... fair game. Otherwise... I wouldn't waste my time.

I .ef out of a bail, I never open the chute.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"