Author Topic: Online gaming question?  (Read 649 times)

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
Online gaming question?
« on: April 08, 2008, 03:55:55 PM »
Hey I just had a few questions about online arena play:

1. should I get in touch with an instructor for some training before I dive off into the arena play?
2. Are there any commanders for a team who issue objectives for the players to accomplish? Such as if I were a bomber pilot, would I get an order to go bomb a particular field or factory, or do I just go off and bomb any target that I think is important?
3. When I first logged in for online play, I got a message to enter my GamerID.
I tried entering my name "shotgunneeley", but it said to enter something about 2-8 numbers so now I have my gaming name displayed as "13502460". how do I fix this?

Thats all I can think of right now. Thanks for any help.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Online gaming question?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 04:02:12 PM »
Hey I just had a few questions about online arena play:

1. should I get in touch with an instructor for some training before I dive off into the arena play?
2. Are there any commanders for a team who issue objectives for the players to accomplish? Such as if I were a bomber pilot, would I get an order to go bomb a particular field or factory, or do I just go off and bomb any target that I think is important?
3. When I first logged in for online play, I got a message to enter my GamerID.
I tried entering my name "shotgunneeley", but it said to enter something about 2-8 numbers so now I have my gaming name displayed as "13502460". how do I fix this?

Thats all I can think of right now. Thanks for any help.

Welcome shotgunneeley !

1. Some people do, most don't. Many come back for training after getting shot down alot in the main arenas  :D
I did jump right into the fire after learning the basic controls. But it's not a bad idea to visit the Training Arena to fool around a bit there first. Even with no proper training by a trainer, it's a place to try and learn. Usually many experienced players there top willing to help with the occasional question.

A most imortant resource you should definitely take a look at is http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

2. No. Some players do behave as if they were in command of anything though  :D Feel free to ignore them - Go and have fun. I would forget about the "war" for now. Concentrate on learning to fly, to fight, how to read the map ect.

The only exception are the Special Events Arena and the Axis vs Allies Arena

3. You have to call HTC or write to billing@hitechcreations.com for a name change
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 04:08:38 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 04:22:10 PM »
Just to elaborate on what Lusche said about the name change, to speed things up in the email or phone call thats up to you. But, to get it done faster include in the email that you acknowledge you will lose all perk points and squad affiliation.

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 08:28:17 PM »
Welcome to the online play of AHII :aok.

I would suggest hooking up with a trainer, even if you do try to jump in and get the feel of things by yourself for the first day or whatever, it's totally fine.  You can do whatever you want, you DON'T have to follow anyone's "orders."  If you do join a "mission" though (clipboard (esc) -> Missions, then it is somewhat expected to follow the mission planners "orders."

Either way, getting with a trainer for a few sessions will greatly help you out get across the learning curve, which is somewhat steep in AH, although I think that's what makes this game great.  You're always working to get better.

I would also greatly suggest reading a few sites, and reread them A LOT.  In fact, I go back almost once a week and reread it all.

These should get you started.

Trainers Site   Home page -> "Game Info" -> "Need Training?"
NetAces Somewhat along the lines of the trainers site, but with lots of other info also.  http://www.netaces.org/
Soda's Aircraft Evaluation   Great for reading up on all of the aircraft.  Includes performance specs and overviews on the best
                                      ways to utilize that particular aircraft. http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
DoKGonZo's Fighter Comparison Pick up to four fighters and compare their performance specs through various ranges such as
                                      speed, climb, turn, acceleration, firepower, etc.

Most of those sites can be accesed through the home page here.  I've already said how to get to the trainers site (Home page -> "Game Info" -> "Need Training?").  NetAces and Soda's site can be accessed by going to the Home page -> "Community" -> "Useful Links."

DoKGonZo's Fighter Comparison can be accessed through NetAces by navigating under the "Plane/Vehicle Info" tab, and then selecting the tab for "DoKGonZo's Fighter Comparison, if you ever need to get back to these sites and don't bookmark them, etc.

Good luck, and remember, always have fun! :aok

donkey
2sBlind

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 07:41:21 AM »
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Should be a STICKY

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 08:56:03 AM »
Ok, I think I understand. Thanks for the replies.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 08:59:44 AM »
<----------- Licks chops.  Baby seals... mmmmm.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 11:10:48 AM »
<----------- Licks chops.  Baby seals... mmmmm.

Don't let Bald scare ya, he really is quite a helpful fellow.  Although, I would not get on the wrong side of his guns if you are a baby seal.  Good luck to you shotgun and welcome to the addiction!

Oink
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 04:53:30 PM »
Haha, I may be new to AH, but I am NOT new to first-person WWII air combat games. Don't make a noob like me clip your wings, Eagle. :lol

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 08:17:14 PM »