Author Topic: invisible aircarft  (Read 1306 times)

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
invisible aircarft
« on: April 23, 2008, 01:15:22 PM »
I had problems with invisible aircraft since we got the offline missions. Was wondering if anyone has any problems with this since patch 2. I know I still had it even after patch 1.

I tried to test it but seems every time I run missions the stupid ace pilot noob AI rams me and I end up in the tower before I even get started.

Just so everyone knows the truth the are ramming my tail not HO style. :lol
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Re: invisible aircarft
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 03:27:01 AM »
Turn off friendly collisions.

Yes the invisible planes are annoying, especially when they are shooting you. It's also annoying when planes just disappear, sometimes my whole flight will vanish.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 04:27:18 PM »
Friendly collisions are off and the collisions were happening from the enemies when I tried to film the invisible planes.

I did finally get film of it though and posted in a thred after this one was created but no help was offered since then.

Thanks for your help though.

Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 10:20:11 AM »
Is there anything that can be done to help with this, or is there a fix?

I tried USRanger's offline mission last night, and the entire enemy flight was invisible.
I dove with my wingmates, and didn't see any enemy until I was 2k PAST them, and then I didn't see any friendlies except for maybe the rest of my wing, but I could see the bomber formations.

Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 08:56:12 PM »
From what I've been discovering, only 30-50 AI planes will be visible to the pilot at any given time.  This is probably coded in to save framerate/keep the AI from going all buggy.  Simply nothing we can do about it, except keep the missions smaller and/or spread the flights out more(no mass horde).
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline pokecheck

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 11:39:32 AM »
I was flying that 100 plane furball mission, and in a f6f i got shot down by an invisible plane.I was at 10k trying to get some E back and tracers fly over my canopy,i look back and don't see anyone so I keep flying.Then it happened again so I went to the f3 view to look all around and I see tracers but no plane then my wing pops off.
Quite frankly, I just don't give a damn.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 12:46:19 PM »
Really?  I've never had this problem before with that mission.  I used to have it with some much older, but smaller missions.  The only actual bug I've had with my 100planefurballwhateverit'scalled mission was a few mosquitos flipping upside-down in midair and flying on their noses, but I changed something and that got fixed  :rolleyes:.

Anyway, could you please try and record this happening with that big mission, and see if you can find anything from the film.  Also if you want, PM me and give you my e-mail address so that you can send the film to me, and I'll take a look at it when I get home.

<S>

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline pokecheck

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 01:18:53 PM »
I've tried to get video of it before but it keeps happening before I can get the video capture going.
Quite frankly, I just don't give a damn.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 10:44:27 AM »
I meant using the Aces High in-game video system...sorry if my post was unclear.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ