Author Topic: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!  (Read 7278 times)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!
« Reply #285 on: April 15, 2008, 11:22:36 AM »
well my bad, I just couldn't help posting again!  i also forgot this was the thread i wasn't going to post in no more.  my appologies!

he wasn't talking complete nonsense till the close to the end.  I have a very difficult time keeping up with this interwebs drama.  I have more important things to burn up my brain cells with   :aok

But thanks for the reading Ack Ack, funny stuff.

Not the reply I expected Bongo...but one I am glad to see.  :salute

The last few pages of this thread is a snapshot of all that is good in this community.  No matter our differences, He flies a 190, she flies a tempest, BNZ, TnB, hotard to squeeker, and every label in between, when it comes to dogging out threats to our young people, the Game, and the community as a whole, like "unhunglotool" there...We unite.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #286 on: April 15, 2008, 03:27:18 PM »
I mean if to make it back "alive" to land means that you had to fly like a coward pantytard, why place value on it.

Perfect Mark !!!

Back when I started in AH I days, you would very rarely see people landing 5+ kill sorties and when they did, it usually was the "cream of the crop" players landing them ... and you knew that they weren't all 'picks' or 'vulches' ... they were air-to-air.

Back then it was all about the 'fight' and the majority fought it out 'till the end ... most didn't run because there was more respect to be gained in becoming known as a 'fighter' rather than a 'runner'.

I pop into the LW MAs on occasion and see many 5+ kill sorties pop up in the text buffer ... and the names ... never heard of them ... and I think most likely a very long 'cherry pick' sortie or the vulch lamp was lit somewhere on the map.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #287 on: April 15, 2008, 03:30:53 PM »
Easy enough to check..... KPH   :lol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #288 on: April 15, 2008, 03:36:53 PM »
Come on.. You guys are missing the point.  It doesn't matter if the victories are completely shallow!
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #289 on: April 15, 2008, 03:48:32 PM »
ah well done moot, you nailed it. thats where things aint the same no more...

its not 'victories' now its just plain old 'kills'. 
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #290 on: April 15, 2008, 04:57:49 PM »
ah well done moot, you nailed it. thats where things aint the same no more...

its not 'victories' now its just plain old 'kills'. 

Jebus aint that the truth.Players trading off respect in pursuit of the Holy Grail of scores.Kinda sad to see. :frown:
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #291 on: April 15, 2008, 05:40:45 PM »
Perfect Mark !!!

Back when I started in AH I days, you would very rarely see people landing 5+ kill sorties and when they did, it usually was the "cream of the crop" players landing them ... and you knew that they weren't all 'picks' or 'vulches' ... they were air-to-air.

Back then it was all about the 'fight' and the majority fought it out 'till the end ... most didn't run because there was more respect to be gained in becoming known as a 'fighter' rather than a 'runner'.

I pop into the LW MAs on occasion and see many 5+ kill sorties pop up in the text buffer ... and the names ... never heard of them ... and I think most likely a very long 'cherry pick' sortie or the vulch lamp was lit somewhere on the map.

Yep I'd agree with this.. There are very flew players that could actually duke it out and land 5 "real" kills in a sortie. Only time I even bother with giving "wtg's' anymore is when I know it's someone whom likely fought the good fight. I'll take 1 good kill in a hard fought fight over 5 or 6 easy pickings any day of the week.
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #292 on: April 15, 2008, 05:47:15 PM »
Easy enough to check..... KPH   :lol

Kills per hour is meaningless IMO.. KPH generally caters to guys that just jump into a mindless furball and that's where most of the easy "safe" kills come from.  That is why I hate most furballs, because that's where picking and gang tardism is at it's worst.

Me, I give props to the guys that go out on their own to fight, no big scores will ever come of that.
"strafing"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #293 on: April 15, 2008, 11:41:12 PM »
Yep I'd agree with this.. There are very flew players that could actually duke it out and land 5 "real" kills in a sortie. Only time I even bother with giving "wtg's' anymore is when I know it's someone whom likely fought the good fight. I'll take 1 good kill in a hard fought fight over 5 or 6 easy pickings any day of the week.
i could name a couple........at least one seems to think he's an airborn goddess :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #294 on: April 15, 2008, 11:44:36 PM »
Kills per hour is meaningless IMO.. KPH generally caters to guys that just jump into a mindless furball and that's where most of the easy "safe" kills come from.  That is why I hate most furballs, because that's where picking and gang tardism is at it's worst.

Me, I give props to the guys that go out on their own to fight, no big scores will ever come of that.

see..the thing with furballs, is that i don't understand how you can score "safe" kills?
i die almost every time i jump into a furball.......it's a blast in them though........constantly having to check your 6, trying to decide who's the worst threat, dodging the occasional ho attempt, trying to not end up in the trees, and if you suffer an engine hit, trying to see your targets through an oil covered windscreen......and when i t comes down to it..it feels like a virtual roller coaster ride....
<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #295 on: April 16, 2008, 12:53:24 AM »
see..the thing with furballs, is that i don't understand how you can score "safe" kills?
i die almost every time i jump into a furball.......it's a blast in them though........constantly having to check your 6, trying to decide who's the worst threat, dodging the occasional ho attempt, trying to not end up in the trees, and if you suffer an engine hit, trying to see your targets through an oil covered windscreen......and when i t comes down to it..it feels like a virtual roller coaster ride....
<<S>>

There is a lot of safety in numbers.. In a furball there is almost always someone there to help you get out of trouble, assuming you don't fall trap to the other side's gang bang. That's why I say Furballs are typically just gang bang vs gang bang feeding on the cannon fodder whom get stuck in the middle. That or until one side can push it to the other sides base to get even easier kills.

KPH stat does nothing but reward vulching and gang tards. There is no stat for guys that go out and fight it out one on one or always fight out numbered. You will never see those guys on the front page at end of a tour.
"strafing"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #296 on: April 16, 2008, 04:18:56 AM »
That post of mine should've read "doesn't matter whether the victories are shallow or not", which was meant as irony.. It could be read the same way, but I wasn't contradicting the guys above that post.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #297 on: April 16, 2008, 08:30:48 AM »

Your wrong.

Safe kills are not in a furball... safe kills are on the far outer edges where those types might fly around a bit before finding someone busy enough not to see them. Higher KPH generally means they up at a base being attacked... no long flight time there. Most folks are too busy watching their own area to be watching any others.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 08:33:08 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #298 on: April 16, 2008, 01:17:39 PM »
Your wrong.

Safe kills are not in a furball... safe kills are on the far outer edges where those types might fly around a bit before finding someone busy enough not to see them. Higher KPH generally means they up at a base being attacked... no long flight time there. Most folks are too busy watching their own area to be watching any others.

Your crazy.. If I fly in the furball, I live most of the time and get pretty easy kills. Flying the edges of the furball doesn't mean 20k alt away from the fight, hovering over your own base hising in ack. Flying the edges of the FB is where you end up in the most 1 vs X amount of cons because you tend to have to go to the edges closest to the enemy base.

In other words, I fly past the FB away from the safety net of the green hoard. I typically try to get a con or two to come away from the mass. If you think that's safer then you likely haven't ever done it.
"strafing"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #299 on: April 16, 2008, 01:38:23 PM »
There is a lot of safety in numbers.. In a furball there is almost always someone there to help you get out of trouble, assuming you don't fall trap to the other side's gang bang. That's why I say Furballs are typically just gang bang vs gang bang feeding on the cannon fodder whom get stuck in the middle. That or until one side can push it to the other sides base to get even easier kills.

KPH stat does nothing but reward vulching and gang tards. There is no stat for guys that go out and fight it out one on one or always fight out numbered. You will never see those guys on the front page at end of a tour.

Not sure what furball you've been in, but that's not the kind I end up in.   If I survive them, it's usually all shot up, one engine dead, parts missing and a couple of kills if I'm lucky.  It's a constant turn and adjust, watch for the high guys coming down, whose trying to turn in behind me, SA madness time.  But it's fun because it forces you to work harder and think quicker as you are adjusting to more then one bad guy, and depending on what you fly into those furballs, you can be the first target too.  I know that I look for the guys not in Spits and LAs because they'll more often then not be the bigger threat.  And It sure seems to me that my big old 38G draws plenty of attention as it's so easy to hit :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters