Author Topic: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!  (Read 7218 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Re: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2008, 05:04:33 PM »
People pay $14.95 a month to fly the way they want,in what they want.It would be nice if people would mind their own business.

Too many say this, not enough do it.

In point of fact, if you let the furballers play the way they wanted and ignored the whines, then you wouldn't have had to come here and whine yourself, would you?
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2008, 05:09:54 PM »
Let the timid toolshedders vs furballers war begin!
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2008, 05:10:12 PM »
I don't want to misinterpret you.  You're not saying that landing sorties/kills is unimportant, right? :confused:

If that's what is fun for you, then go for it.  Every so often, just to remind myself, I fly a flight where I only fight when I can't lose.  It bores me.  Anyone can fly the fringes, hang high and only engage when it's a perfect set up, and burn off all their fuel and go home.  I can do that, but it seems silly.  it proves nothing to me, other then I can waste time avoiding a situation where I might 'die'.

I hardly fly an uber bird that can disengage and run in the 38G.  And it's a huge target :)  But there is great satisfaction for me in getting into the fight and seeing what I can do against the latewar birds and those with alt and E.

Again, since there is no risk of really dying, the reward for me is defeating the other guy if I can in those situations.  I suppose it's why some of us go low numbers country too.  I'd rather fight from the under dog position then from the one with all the advantages.  I want to get into the fight, even if I might not win.

You've gotta play the game the way you want, as it's your dime and your definition of fun.  I have to play it the way that's fun for me.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2008, 05:16:48 PM »
I don`t believe Bipolar called out your squad? Irondog I see you know very little about the Muppets do you see me or Wax or a lot of other Muppets on 200 talking smack or on here the BB. Do me a favor if you have a problem with a person take it up with them not the squad :t

OH SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and when did it become a squad thing?

me calling you a gangtwit has nothing to do with squads...or am i missing something here...please inform me on this
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2008, 05:18:38 PM »
I agree on little whiners on 200. They  Whine and Whine about how they got killed and why they should get some medal or something. Heres to all your whiners on 200, Maybe......JUST MAYBE if you DO keep up the Whining.....Maybe something Magical will happen? Your acting like a 7 year old. Just Shutup and Salute the Guy!  :rock

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2008, 05:20:04 PM »
each to their own.  Last night blue was an example of that -- in fighter town area you had varying degrees of "furball" mentality.  And to that extent I even had varying degrees, but I played the way I wanted to and had fun.  Played with the N1k to get ready for tonight's FSO, played with the p38 G & J just to see what it could do in that low mess, and took up my yak to work on the outer edges of the mess.  Other nights I help take bases or defend bases.  Last night my fun was to enjoy squad mates banter and pretend I could fly a cartoon airplane.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2008, 05:29:13 PM »
im a "furballer" i think???? have always been, at least since iv been in the AH skies, i try not to complain about how other people fly there cartoon plane,
 but i do find it quit funny when a high con tries to pick me, makes a few passes, cant kill me so "extends" away,  then im fighting someone else, just to have that other nme con come back and engage me when im trying to shoot down his "friendly", they'll most likely get the kill on me, and they actually think they are "fighting".

just my $.02

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2008, 05:30:39 PM »
I'm tired of listening to the whining acm,furballing,advocates.People pay $14.95 a month to fly the way they want,in what they want.It would be nice if people would mind their own business.The truth is,that the furballing pretty much ended in WWI.Some of the high "choke" scoring pilots in AH are pickers.We need you furballers to provide us with targets,so keep on doing your Lufbery thing.You seldom see a picker belittleing a furballer that he has just dispatched,but the pickee rants and raves,and threaten the picker with the DA.Some are even threatning to quit AH if something isn't done to stop the way fights are taking place.I would submit a solution would be to have a fightertown like AW.The mob could go there and furball till the obese lady sings.The DA has a setup like that,but it is like the MA,but with smaller hordes.Next time you get picked,stop and think about the work the picker has put into his treachery.Can't we all just get along here and show some good sportsmanship?
IronDog

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulatorx/

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2008, 06:09:57 PM »
nice catch
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2008, 06:21:54 PM »
I'm tired of listening to the whining acm,furballing,advocates.People pay $14.95 a month to fly the way they want,in what they want.It would be nice if people would mind their own business.The truth is,that the furballing pretty much ended in WWI.Some of the high "choke" scoring pilots in AH are pickers.We need you furballers to provide us with targets,so keep on doing your Lufbery thing.You seldom see a picker belittleing a furballer that he has just dispatched,but the pickee rants and raves,and threaten the picker with the DA.Some are even threatning to quit AH if something isn't done to stop the way fights are taking place.I would submit a solution would be to have a fightertown like AW.The mob could go there and furball till the obese lady sings.The DA has a setup like that,but it is like the MA,but with smaller hordes.Next time you get picked,stop and think about the work the picker has put into his treachery.Can't we all just get along here and show some good sportsmanship?
IronDog
Entire Quote above.

The "meat 'n' potatahs of the 5.13a wall of text:

I'm tired of listening to the whining acm,furballing,advocates.People pay $14.95 a month to fly the way they want,in what they want.It would be nice if people would mind their own business.
It's a good thing you made it a point to put this at the FRONT of your post.   Maybe you should have taken your own advice?   

I would submit a solution would be to have a fightertown like AW
We had it 2 years ago on the Donut map.

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2008, 06:27:38 PM »
Gertrude: "Hit that dead horse!"
Heathcliff: "I did it ain't moving"
Gertrude: "Hit it again!"
Heathcliff: " I did it ain't Moving"
Gertrude: "Hit it again!"
Heathcliff: "Nah.................you do it"
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2008, 06:41:36 PM »
Thanks Mensa,I think I caught a nice stringer full.I  could really care less,and I really had to clench my teeth to keep from giggling.Bipolar I hope your father gets well soon,and don't stay away too long.Skyrock up your kilt,and I'll be looking to pick you,or better yet steal one of your kills if you and that bunch of despicable dweebs comes to Knitland.
IronDog

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2008, 06:44:44 PM »
:)  I'm just sad that some of my own were caught :lol
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer