Author Topic: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!  (Read 7330 times)

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
Re: OK,enuff with the furballers mentality!
« Reply #180 on: April 13, 2008, 09:08:03 PM »
Skyrock, you were talking down to me and my wingman when we were capping your air field earlier today. We did a successful job at it, til we were low on ammo and fuel. We had 2 D9 and 1 A8. We were not alt monkey or such, we were proximately 3-4k above your air field.We deacked the field and vulched everything that was coming up to prevent the intercepting our bombers. Did you think about those fact before talking smack? By the 5th time you came up after we vulched you a few time, we were on bingo fuel way below our plan to stay. We only stay a lil bit longer to wait for our other fighters to arrive. By then we had lil fuel no ammo, so it was our call to book it. Of course you upping LA7 and out to get us, which is understandable, and I give you respect when we went HO both didn't fire. Not everyone run because they fly BnZ plane, a lot of it due to the fuel restriction of the plane. D9 had about 45 min fuel max, and we were over your base for 30 minutes plus. I know my ACM, and I also know the limitation of my D9 or at least I think I know. If you claim you can outturn a La7 while flying a D9 please show me sir, because I have yet to done that in all my time logged in the D9 zigzaggin through the furball, where i was forced to TnB in it.

If you throttle down a little, you can spend some more time over their field fighting. ;)

donkey
2sBlind

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #181 on: April 13, 2008, 09:11:50 PM »
If you throttle down a little, you can spend some more time over their field fighting. ;)

donkey

Meh =) but then when you hit wep to push for the speed to zoom pass the wolbies flaks it eat up gas almost twice as bad. Damn the D9 and it's 9 min and rechargable wep.  :P
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2008, 10:29:33 PM »
pot meet kettle!

That's the second time you have said "pot meet kettle" in this thread.  You know why you didn't quote me making a personal attack in this thread?  Because I haven't done so.

Fwiw, beyond the accusation of hypocrisy, you have simply dodged the issue.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2008, 10:33:38 PM »
That's the second time you have said "pot meet kettle" in this thread. 

Maybe he just really likes pots and kettles. :D
2sBlind

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2008, 10:34:39 PM »
My 2c, you argue like you fly in the game.  And SkyRock most likely pwns you.. Do the math.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2008, 10:42:56 PM »
I'm saying that squaddie of yours, for example, who ran for whole sectors rather than fight 1:1, straight to 2 or 3 of his friends, that sorta stuff is pathetic and exactly what kills gameplay for AH.

Agreed moot but the guys who chase for 2 or 3 sectors
and the post a holier than thou aren't that smart .

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2008, 10:47:28 PM »
I never intended to post about it, only mentionned it cause it fits the bill in this argument. It's not about being holier than him nor mentioning him in person (I did so it wasn't dismissed as some abstract off the wall example), it's about that sort of timid crap lowering the quality of dogfights in the game.
I probably wouldn't have called him specificaly as his squaddie if that same guy hadn't actualy bragged about his 2 sector run for help.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2008, 11:00:36 PM »
I never intended to post about it, only mentionned it cause it fits the bill in this argument. It's not about being holier than him nor mentioning him in person (I did so it wasn't dismissed as some abstract off the wall example), it's about that sort of timid crap lowering the quality of dogfights in the game.
I probably wouldn't have called him specificaly as his squaddie if that same guy hadn't actualy bragged about his 2 sector run for help.

Wasn't talking about yu . I agree with your arguement .

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2008, 11:02:17 PM »
If I have like a spit on me 800 out and i'm in a d9, I'd run like hell because I know my chances of winning in a turnfight vs a spit is like 5% maybe? and that 5% is on the bet that he'll disconnect. I have no shame in running when I know I won't win the fight because it's faster to run out a lil bit, climb back up and re-engage then fly a whole few sectors back to the fight with a new plane. If both pilots are of equal skill, given this scenario spit16 800 yards behind the D9, I don't think the D9 pilot have a chance  :aok
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #189 on: April 13, 2008, 11:10:40 PM »
I fight that spit 9 times out of 10 in my less nimble 152, and plenty of my squaddies and ex-squaddies do and did in D9s.
800 out is 500 too close for the closest you can be sure to start a great knife fight between those two planes, but it's no guarantee you don't stand a chance at either having a great fight or any fun.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 11:12:49 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2008, 11:17:38 PM »
I mean I can probably try to force an overshoot w/ scissor if the spit gets to 400, but an experience pilot flyin the spit will not fall for it. He'd just pull up lookin down  laughin at me for bleedin my E, and just dive back down w/ higher E state.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96

Offline BnZ

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #191 on: April 13, 2008, 11:22:20 PM »
If he has trained in ACM properly and has learned to stay behind another Spitfire in a scissors...what chance do you have in a FW-190?

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #192 on: April 13, 2008, 11:26:45 PM »
If I have like a spit on me 800 out and i'm in a d9, I'd run like hell because I know my chances of winning in a turnfight vs a spit is like 5% maybe? and that 5% is on the bet that he'll disconnect. I have no shame in running when I know I won't win the fight because it's faster to run out a lil bit, climb back up and re-engage then fly a whole few sectors back to the fight with a new plane. If both pilots are of equal skill, given this scenario spit16 800 yards behind the D9, I don't think the D9 pilot have a chance  :aok

That just means you have no clue about real ACM. You don't out turn a plane that turns better than you, you turn smarter, sure he has a good chance of killing you, but if he flys like 90% of the spit pilots you should be able to reverse him by getting him in sissors.

D9 has awesome roll ability, I'd suggest you seak out a trainer and learn how to use it, if you think you have to run from a spit 9 that's on your 6. I don't fly the D9 but I fly the A8 which handels much worse and I wouldn't run from that fight if it were a 1 on 1.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 11:28:37 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: April 13, 2008, 11:45:40 PM »
So you're advocating that he do a maneuver that will lead to his death 10% of the time, vs. an extension that will lead to his death 0% of the time?  :huh

The 190 pilots who can consistently outscissor a Spitfire are gods for whom I have the highest respect.  I've done it successfully and unsuccessfully, but criticizing someone for not attempting it when extending is the better choice doesn't make sense.  There are many occasions when a scissor maneuver will lead to death less often than trying to run away.  That's the moment to practice it and learn it.

Yenny also knows his acm.  You should have seen him in the 109G-14 against P-51Ds during last week's SnapShot.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #194 on: April 13, 2008, 11:53:35 PM »
They aren't gods, they simply tried it again and again, until they could consistently do it just right.  So it makes sense to encourage people to keep trying, rather than encourage them to fill their 15 bucks' worth with a void of ACM.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 11:55:13 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you