Author Topic: AH Big Bang theory  (Read 916 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: AH Big Bang theory
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2008, 04:30:07 PM »
I think HT said himself, in blue, that he didn't want anything modeling post-death perspective (to paraphrase). 
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »
You know some times you put a few rounds into an opponent and he just explodes???

Well what part of the damage model did you (or may you have) actually hit to do this?

Grab a 110-G2 and bang em up  :D

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008, 05:53:27 PM »
I know they do that so they don't have to deal with rendering a hulk after the player has left, but that has always been a pet peeve of mine.  The pilot is killed (or bails and exits flight) and *poof* his aircraft disappears.
I've been wishing to have debris build up on the ground as the battle rages on.
Of course it would have to dissipate after a while, but could you imagine just how much wreckage you could pile up on a field with a good cap?
Or on the other hand, Imagine sitting in a Wirby blasting away and having the wreckage pile up around you eventually forcing you to move to a new location? :lol
Not that I've been able to actually HIT anything with a Wirby yet :furious
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2008, 08:50:40 PM »
I've been wishing to have debris build up on the ground as the battle rages on.
Of course it would have to dissipate after a while, but could you imagine just how much wreckage you could pile up on a field with a good cap?
Or on the other hand, Imagine sitting in a Wirby blasting away and having the wreckage pile up around you eventually forcing you to move to a new location? :lol
Not that I've been able to actually HIT anything with a Wirby yet :furious

Make a fortress around you of burning wreckage lol.

donkey
2sBlind

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2008, 10:41:41 PM »
I think HT said himself, in blue, that he didn't want anything modeling post-death perspective (to paraphrase). 

I think it would be better if plane will spiral down after pilot kill, like it do after bail out. Pilot can teleport to tower as he do now.
Fuel/ord explosion would be nice too.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2008, 09:12:47 AM »
Jagd

Love to see that film. As you'd find if you did a forum search, 50 calibers do not penetrate armored vehicles. The only reason you can get "kill" credit firing on a true armored vehicle (a tank or flakpanzer; armored cars and half tracks not included) is a quirk of the AH score system -- even though the rounds do no damage to the vehicle, the system scores their weight when deciding who did the most damage to the target.

If he looked like he blew up, then he either bailed while you fired or someone else killed him. Your 50 caliber bullets cannot kill an armored vehicle alone.

Simaril is quite right on this.  If you are in an aircraft and hit the vehicle at all and a tank pumps a round into the GV and it explodes, the aircraft gets the kill and the GV that actually killed it will get an assist.  I've seen it over and over while GV'ing.  It's a bug in the scoring system.  Surely you don't think you can kill a tiger with .303's or .50's?  I've seen it and even gotten kills on them because I was keeping him occupied while a countryman's GV got into position behind it to kill it dead.

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!