Author Topic: Mission Editor Issues w/film  (Read 762 times)

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
Mission Editor Issues w/film
« on: April 08, 2008, 05:25:18 PM »
I've built a bombing mission for the BOB map.
I've updated both the game and the editor.
I've updated the mission with the new editor.
When I run the mission in the editor it works fine.
When I attempt to run the mission offline I have the following issues.

The two bombers from my flight begin to roll. One blows up during taxi. The other attempts to launch from the initial taxi point.
The remainder of the bombers, two formations of three, taxi to the runway and launch as they are supposed to.
I receive no launch instructions from lead.
When I launch with the group, without instuction, and follow their flight path, the remainder of the bombers warp to their next point
as planned, yet I remain behind.

Below are both the mission file, and a film of the initial taxi to help you pin down the problem.

www.ihandcut.com/images/8thafbombrun.mis
www.ihandcut.com/images/film95.ahf

Hope this helps.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in military aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's that noise?' and'Oh S...!'
-Authors Unknown-

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
Re: Mission Editor Issues w/film
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 05:38:07 PM »
Stixx,
I've had similar things happen as well. First go through all the segments and hit "fit to way-point" and then "calculate" in each segment going in order top to bottom. That usually clears up the problem for me.

Also, if you get to the runway and don't get the messages from "LEAD" the mission will not work. Exit AH2 and then start it again. As a last ditch, go online to an arena, then go back offline to clear the memory cashe.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 07:07:43 PM »
Stixx,
I've had similar things happen as well. First go through all the segments and hit "fit to way-point" and then "calculate" in each segment going in order top to bottom. That usually clears up the problem for me.

Also, if you get to the runway and don't get the messages from "LEAD" the mission will not work. Exit AH2 and then start it again. As a last ditch, go online to an arena, then go back offline to clear the memory cashe.

Did both, neither worked, I still have the same issues.
I'll just rebuild this from scratch and see what happens.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in military aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's that noise?' and'Oh S...!'
-Authors Unknown-

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 06:30:18 PM »
I had this same problem with my 4vs1 mission. Below is a post from the thread where I posted the missions. (sorry for being to lazy to retype it but I put the important part in red). I think this should fix your problem. Let me know if Iconfused you I will clear it up if I can.

I found the problem that Nwbie pointed out and fixed this. The problem was in the mission properties in the briefing time. I was not aware at the time that I needed to enter in a time in this box ( i entered the number 5 in here). This caused the drones to not take off or take off the wrong runway. This also would not allow the arrow that shows the position in the route that you should be to show. This has been corrected and here are the updates.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave