Author Topic: Simple mission request  (Read 2005 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Simple mission request
« on: April 12, 2008, 12:55:05 AM »
If one of you guys who has this figured out can spare a few minutes, I'd really like to have a 1 Mossie vs 1 P51D.  And if you're really feeling charitable, I would also enjoy a 1 Mossie vs 1 of any of the more popular rides(in as many variations as you feel like making).

I recently discovered that once you get the Combat Trim turned off, the Mossie can be a pretty fun ride.  That and the gun layout seems somewhat friendlier to my questionable gunnery skills then some of the other planes.  :D

Some of these 1v1 AI missions would help me out greatly as I try to improve my handling of the Mossie.

Thanks in advance

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
Re: Simple mission request
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 08:23:11 AM »
PFactorDave,

I'll try and get this done for you by the middle of next week.

Baumer
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 10:23:15 AM »
PFactorDave,

I'll try and get this done for you by the middle of next week.

Baumer

That would be great Baumer.  Very appreciated.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 11:30:59 AM »
If Baumer isn't already done I could do these quickly if he is busy.  Is there any particular altitude or map you would like?  If it's okay with Baumer, that is :).
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 12:15:27 PM »
If Baumer isn't already done I could do these quickly if he is busy.  Is there any particular altitude or map you would like?  If it's okay with Baumer, that is :).

Nothing special, in fact, just changing the aircraft in the original P51D vs P51D would be enough for my purposes.  I'm not sure if climb outs and what not would have to be adjusted or not.

More then anything, I would like to get my hands on as many 1 Mossie vs 1 (Insert Common Ride Here) setups as possible.  I run my own business from my home and have a few minutes here and there throughout the day that I can use to practice.  But since I occaisionally have to take a phone call or accept a delivery, the AI opponent is better then playing online for this practice.  There is no other player who would have to wait on me to return while I conduct business.

Thanks very much!

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 01:07:28 PM by mensa180 »
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 05:06:08 PM »
Mensa,
I haven't had a chance to run them all yet, just the Mossie vs P51D version.  For reasons unknown, I never get the "Lead" directions or the warp to the battle area.

The bogey spawns in the usual area, so I am able to find him.  But he is at such an altitude that either he never sees me and we never engage, or if I am able to climb up and get him to engage I am at such an E disadvantage from clawing for alt that it's a bit more of a challenge then what I'm looking for.

Any ideas why I'm not getting the warp?

I'll try the other versions later this evening as soon as I have a chance.

Thanks

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 05:07:51 PM »
I'll look into it.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 07:15:26 PM »
I'll look into it.

Thanks, no rush.  Whenever you have the time.   :)

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 03:50:50 PM »
I'll look into it.

Well here's a twist in things.

I was thinking, usually a bad idea for me, and got to wondering what might have caused the problem.  So I set up the original Pony vs Pony mission that HTC gave us originally.  Lo and behold, the Lead instructions and warp didn't work for that mission either.  I have never altered the onevsone file that goes with that mission so I began wondering what pray tell was going on.

I decided to uninstall and re-download and install AH.  Did this.  It left the offline missions folder in place but reinstalled the rest of the game.  Still no joy.  Went into the offline mission folder and deleted everything except the onevsone mission file.  Restarted AH.  Selected the mission.  Everything worked fine.

Interesting.  So next I redownloaded the Mossie vs Pony mission that you put together for me.  Started AH and selected the mission.  Viola!  Working as intended. 

So, this apparently leads me to believe that there is a flaw in one (or more) of the "user" created missions that I have previously downloaded.  On top of that, apparently the game loads something from each of the Offline Missions when you start AH in Offline Mode.  And something in one of the missions is screwing the pooch, so to speak, on start up.

I haven't yet had a chance to test each of the missions you made for me one by one yet, hoping to do that later.  But, I am suspicious of one or more other missions that I had downloaded  previously but not yet run more then the simple missions you built for me.

I'll keep you posted.

EDIT TO ADD:

Success!  I re-downloaded the missions you made for me one at a time, testing each before downloading the next.  All of the missions that you made for me are working correctly now.  So the problem is apparently resident in one of the other missions that folks have posted up in here.  I'm not certain which one it is yet, but it is definitely not one of the missions that you constructed for me.

And for anyone who is not getting the "Lead" directions or the warp, I suggest deleting all of the missions that you have downloaded and reinstalling them one at a time testing as you go, until you find the culprit.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 04:06:40 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 08:43:49 PM »
Phew!  Sorry you had to go through the trouble of uninstalling and reinstalling AH!  At least the problem was sorted out, sorry for not looking into it myself quick enough.  I have been busy.  If there are any other missions you would like I would be happy to make (or attempt) to make them.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 12:31:14 AM »
Phew!  Sorry you had to go through the trouble of uninstalling and reinstalling AH!  At least the problem was sorted out, sorry for not looking into it myself quick enough.  I have been busy.  If there are any other missions you would like I would be happy to make (or attempt) to make them.

No worries at all, I really appreciate you putting those missions together for me.  I'm really glad that I fiddled with it and determined that the problem wasn't in the missions you had built.  I would have hated for you to spend a bunch of time hunting for a bug where none existed.

Thanks again for everything!

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder