Author Topic: rules of engagement #1  (Read 2334 times)

Offline XAKL

• Copper Member
Re: rules of engagement #1
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 01:13:15 PM »
You know what Jaegerschnitzel, this HO and rules you are obscessed with is nothing but scheize.  Give it UP!!

If you don't want HO's then you stop doing it.  You set the rule and start executing it.  Other guys will see what a class act you are (cough),... and they'll stop as well. 

have a good day

MUGADAI

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 02:21:50 PM »
how about you, mugadai?? would you be willing to abide by rules set forth, if everyone else did the same?? yes or no

Offline justyy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 02:59:56 PM »
Here's my rules I HO cus I am HO'ed
I pick cus i am picked
I vulch cus i am vulched
In a 1v1 fight i am out numbered cus they nmy has me on his side to help
so i revert back to rule 1
justyy
Crap not another bomber sortie

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 03:38:09 PM »
ok so since everyone is missing the point, lets try this.... if everyone else stopped HO'ing right now, this very second, would you be willing to stop also?

i know what the reality is, im asking if everyone else stopped, would you stop?? yes or no?

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 03:48:30 PM »
i only HO shoot bombers
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 04:00:10 PM »
if everyone stopped right now that would be good.

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 04:00:16 PM »
How about this for a rule of engagement;

"I will try to kill the enemy every chance I get, and I expect them to do the same."

This is a much easier rule to enforce, and to live by. Plus, you won't feel bad when you get shot down.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 04:09:57 PM »
ok so since everyone is missing the point, lets try this.... if everyone else stopped HO'ing right now, this very second, would you be willing to stop also?

i know what the reality is, im asking if everyone else stopped, would you stop?? yes or no?

I already don't have that habit. But I also don't have the habit of demanding or even expecting that of others. Nor do I support a code of ethics demanding or expecting it of others. No offense. It's kind of like an AvA version of a flag burning amendment. No, I don't burn my flags. No I don't support such an amendment. *ShruG*

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 04:11:36 PM »
just can't give someone else a chance can you arlo??

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 04:14:14 PM »
just can't give someone else a chance can you arlo??

Yeah, my answering everytime you ask over and over prohibits that. *quizical look* Get over. ;)

Offline BlueTop

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 04:32:56 PM »
I don't  think it is a good idea to make a rule like that.  Were trying to have a  WAR  not play paddy cakes.  Hoing is a valid tactic in a dog fight if you want to take the gamble of  it.

And vultion is a valid war tactic also.  It is kind of stupid to let the enemy fighters up when your in the middle of trying to capture there field.

I mostly only ho people who are trying to ho me I would much rather get into a turning fight.  I don't complain about hoing because it is just part of the war.  It is a valid tactic.  When I was researching my new sq. name I read that the RAF fighters were trained to go straight in head on attacks or hoing.

I think the AvA is a million percent better then when I first  started playing again 3 or 4 months ago when I came in I was told not to attack the enemy field or try and de ack anything.  Just go dog fight.  It is much much better now.  There are new people who can't dog fight yet.  But now they can participate bye making bombing run or de acking the fields or driving a gv. Until they learn how to Dog Fight.

We all need to stop whining and just get down to fighting the war to the best of our ability.

Thank You
BlueTop    :salute

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 05:02:26 PM »

I mostly only ho people who are trying to ho me I would much rather get into a turning fight.
Sorry, but thats an utter lie. I have never had a merge against you where you have not fired. I have had several where I had no E and was unable to manuever where you came in head on, firing all the way, and rammed me out of the sky.

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 06:18:31 PM »
Sorry, but thats an utter lie. I have never had a merge against you where you have not fired. I have had several where I had no E and was unable to manuever where you came in head on, firing all the way, and rammed me out of the sky.

he is actually right on that 1, except he left out the part that you cherry pick the majority of the time.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 06:20:54 PM »
he is actually right on that 1, except he left out the part that you cherry pick the majority of the time.
Who's right, me or him? I have been cherry picking a lot this month. Trying to get used to the 190. Its starting to bore me, though.

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 06:33:44 PM »
Who's right, me or him? I have been cherry picking a lot this month. Trying to get used to the 190. Its starting to bore me, though.

did i quote him?