Author Topic: Alright, reconstructing historical scenarios. A new Specail Event.  (Read 1067 times)

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
Well, we have done a ton of Snap shots and what not. Well, lets do some very historical "what ifs?" I'm probably going to get alot of ack about it, but WAIT. Lets do something obvious that coulda had a big turn out for the war. LETS say that during Pearl Harbor, the Americans HAD been waiting. They HAD their planes ready and in the air waiting for the Japanese when they attacked. Lets say that when the Japanese first attacked the Phillipines, the Americans were waiting. What if the Japanese had ended up finding the American Carriers first?

I do not know too much about very Air battles, or significant battles involving air, but it could probably restart a whole knew type of Specail Event that we probably could not have done, or would have been very boring other wise.

I hope I dont get too much ack here about this. But I'm just opening up more possibilities for what could have been and how it could have affected the battles.  :salute
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline 4440

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ahxarl.com
Re: Alright, reconstructing historical scenarios. A new Specail Event.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 10:48:23 PM »
A&A nothing wrong with your thoughts. Try writing up a proposal following the format currently used, but with your thoughts. Think of it as "twisted history"

Cm team can't really guess on your ideas, but can work with your proposals that include supporting stuff.  We do the best with what we know, but can't always guess what the rest of you would like to see. If your ideas get used, they get used,  if they don't, they don't.

Heck of an idea, now show us what your really thinking :aok

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
Re: Alright, reconstructing historical scenarios. A new Specail Event.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 03:04:12 PM »
Can I chime in my idea's here?
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
wow, this was like brand new with I think 2 pages of stuff to do... I wonder if HTC can get it back.

But still, I'm supporting the idea
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".

Offline spit16nooby

• Copper Member
I think it would be cool to do the Battle of Britain were its late in August and the Luftwaffe is about to win(they lose because they change tactics and attack london). The British airfields are town apart stretched to their max  capacity and then one last German Raid comes and has the goal of knocking out say 3 bases fighter hangers while the RAF comes and trys to stop the raid and inflict enough losses to the Luftwaffe that they will no longer be able to launch more large raids until  they get more planes and pilots.

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
Shoot, that could be an FSO if it could be stretched to 3 frames. Each one deciding how the next one will turn out.  :aok