Author Topic: Choose Weather  (Read 513 times)

Offline c

• Zinc Member
Choose Weather
« on: June 06, 2008, 06:56:15 PM »
Snow, Rain, Storm, Fog, Thunderstorm, Drought, Sandstorm, Windtsorm.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Choose Weather
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 07:12:05 PM »
It would kill Frame Rates.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 08:12:09 PM »
Please by all means buy me the machine and the internet connection to handle this. :huh
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline bluefalcon32

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 10:10:21 PM »
lol, top three are all by the same person and all done before

oh, and SEARCH

Offline spit16nooby

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 08:03:02 AM »
Weather would be nice but too many people would complain about frame rate.

Offline stephen waldron

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 02:14:25 PM »
    Apparently weather change is already incorporated in the MA.   Although it's tuned very LOW and it's extremely localized.   Limited to a specific sector of the map.  So it's pretty RARE anyone encounters it.   In the four months I've played, I've only encountered bad weather a few times.   
    Maybe 3 or 4 times I've had to abort a bomb drop because of extremely thick cloud cover and haze obscuring the target.   Later that evening, i would return to the same target and the sky would be completely cloudless and the target view sharp and visible.  I would have to call that "Weather" change.  Wouldn't you ?
    In one instance, i had to bogie over to another base to land because the airfield I returned to was almost completely obscured by very thick low level haze.  I'd even say this "haze" was so dense, it very much resembled "fog".   And no..  I wasn't using drugs when I saw this.  I was completely sober and more than a little surprised.   The next sector was completely clear.   Later the thick haze was nowhere to be found.  Again.  I'd have to characterize this strange occurrence as "Weather" change.   
    Extreme weather in the MA is pretty rare.  Remember I'm only talking about 4 or 5 instances in four months and hundreds and hundreds of hours of gametime.  So it's likely many players have flown considerably longer, and never encountered anything other than CLEAR SKIES.  That could definately leave someone with the impression there is NO extreme weather or weather change in the MA.   But I assure you, it is there.

Offline halo342

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 09:31:39 PM »
See Rule #7
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 02:18:19 PM by Skuzzy »
Oh my God, what has the Internet evolved itself into? :huh

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 09:53:07 PM »
I'd like to see a bit more weather.
I'd also like to see a little more night. I'd be happy with an hour, half an hour even...
The newer machine that comply with the current min. specs. should have no troubles with a little weather.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 02:10:57 PM »
"c" stands for "clone account", right?

Got to be a troll. 3 posts, all in the same forum, same time, no replies, recent user account, all posts similar feel/trolliness to them.