Author Topic: X52 Z Rotation.  (Read 4520 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
X52 Z Rotation.
« on: April 13, 2008, 05:04:52 PM »
Having a problem with my Z Rotation (twisty) on my X52.  It won't seem to calinrate in Aces High.  When i try to apply a little left rudder it hops straight to 0 (full left deflection).  When i try to apply a little right rudder is goes straight to 65535 (full right deflection).  Help anyone?  B/c right now im using the thumb dial on the throttle as rudder. :salute

#S#

Banshee7
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: X52 Z Rotation.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 05:14:40 PM »
You told me the night you got it that "you had it under control".   

:uhoh
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 06:41:24 PM »
Mine has started doing this as well. Even calibrating doesn't help. I removed the SSI software and have it on a powered USB, no help. It will work for a few sorties after logging on, but then kaput.

It also loses auto pilot and when sitting still it spikes like crazy in map controllers. It has on occasion set 1 or 2 sliders and sometimes all sliders to default. When I first got it it was super-sensative in roll etc, now it feels like rolling in cement (if that makes any sense at all).
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 10:05:40 PM »
You told me the night you got it that "you had it under control".   

:uhoh

i didnt know the rudder was fubar the 1st night
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 02:44:02 PM »
did you calibrate in windows before you calibrated in AH?

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 03:16:23 PM »
Pull out the little gray tab at the bottom and buy some rudder pedals.

Fixed the problem for me  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 04:48:59 PM »
The X/Y sensors are much more durable hall effect sensors. The rudder is an old crappy-style potentiometer...it dies. Luckily a nice man on the BBS hooked me up with the stick portion of his, since he was only using the throttle, when mine died.

*sigh* I'd love a set of rudder pedals, but I'd be in tears of pain by the time I finished flying for a night. Thanky-you to hereditary problems. Whee.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 05:25:51 PM »
Wow, I wore out the potentiometer in 4 months? Cool, I didn't think I used rudder enough. While I appreciate the suggestion to buy rudder pedals, I don't think it helps answer the question, but I am more than happy to accept yours, pm me for my mailing address, Sir.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 07:12:46 PM »
Go to the Saitek site and search, I think this is a known problem.  The fix is a registry entry delete and reboot if I remember right.
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 10:21:21 PM »
Oh yes! I forgot about that.

And you can wear it out in a few months even without use...voltage oddness.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 01:33:41 AM »
Oh yes! I forgot about that.

And you can wear it out in a few months even without use...voltage oddness.
Cool, good to know, how can I test it directly?

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 06:58:46 AM »
The X/Y sensors are much more durable hall effect sensors. The rudder is an old crappy-style potentiometer...it dies. Luckily a nice man on the BBS hooked me up with the stick portion of his, since he was only using the throttle, when mine died.

*sigh* I'd love a set of rudder pedals, but I'd be in tears of pain by the time I finished flying for a night. Thanky-you to hereditary problems. Whee.

Mine goes the other way, but not hereditary.  I broke my radius & ulna, right above the wrist

I have a 6" S.S. plate in my stick arm, held in by 7 screws.  It killed me to use the twisty.  Pedals were a great relief.

But, Halo you can PM me with an address.  I just blew up another X52, and I disassembled it to harvest some parts for a stick I'm trying to make.  I don't think the twisty pot was even used on this one.  I can cut the wires, close to the board, and just send the assembly, spring and all.

I would say there IS some patience involved when repairing these things.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 08:01:49 AM »
I must have gotten lucky. My X52 doubles as a toy for our 2 year old and it's still going fine. :D
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 03:39:27 PM »
Mine goes the other way, but not hereditary.  I broke my radius & ulna, right above the wrist

I have a 6" S.S. plate in my stick arm, held in by 7 screws.  It killed me to use the twisty.  Pedals were a great relief.

But, Halo you can PM me with an address.  I just blew up another X52, and I disassembled it to harvest some parts for a stick I'm trying to make.  I don't think the twisty pot was even used on this one.  I can cut the wires, close to the board, and just send the assembly, spring and all.

I would say there IS some patience involved when repairing these things.

Right on. :aok :salute

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 06:25:04 PM »
I have given up on Saitek, I too am having serious rudder problems, Just ordered the full course of CH products. I am sending the Saitek back for repairs though. However I just don't think it's going to work long. This was my 3rd set, In order, I have the x45 (sold at Garage sale), x52 and x52 pro. All went bad in short order. The x52 pro didn't last 6 mos.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter