Author Topic: Hows That!  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: Hows That!
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2008, 07:59:49 AM »
Last few wars we had to take a screen shot when we took a base showing more then fifteen people on and no more then 2:1 odds. Once that was gone the milkers showed up again. I dont mind being out numbered but when its 3-10:1 its not that fun. Every time Iv come on in the last week one side had 80-90% of the numbers so I just logged back off. Other then that some of us are getting bored with the same old setups every war. Thats why I went allied so I can try something different but that didnt last long.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2008, 08:02:37 AM »
because i sure don't believe "Ack hiding" had to do with it as i have seen plenty of that from the Axis side

Believe it, and perhaps the ones who left are the ones who don't rely on hiding in ack...thus you are left with axis ackhiders

The last 2 wars the Allied got the stuffing beat out of us ,but we did stay and support the arena

Hmm, during the first war the allies left at FinRus.  And then again in the last round because we got the 262 and all they got were tempests, C-hogs, etc...and we all know how worthless those are.  During the last war only a handful remained to defend Japan until the closing days when the blue plane guys came in with vengence.

Sauce for the goose.

a huge <S> to the Avengers

I agree :salute Avengers

base capture is fun

Awesome, there are 3 other arenas dedicated to nothing but base capture.  Which should mean the AvA can easily do without it.
P-47 pilot

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2008, 08:24:01 AM »
Awesome, there are 3 other arenas dedicated to nothing but base capture.  Which should mean the AvA can easily do without it.
Four.  :cool:
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2008, 09:11:23 AM »
Four.  :cool:

lol you know us Okies, we're not so gud with the countin!
P-47 pilot

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2008, 09:21:18 AM »

Hmm, during the first war the allies left at FinRus.  And then again in the last round because we got the 262 and all they got were tempests, C-hogs, etc...and we all know how worthless those are.  During the last war only a handful remained to defend Japan until the closing days when the blue plane guys came in with vengence.

Sauce for the goose.

I agree :salute Avengers

i disagree with you there some left yes but not to the extent that axis has bailed in this one ,now i don't fly everyday but i know what my experiance has been

and You all seamed to like the base capture well eough when it went your way , when it didn't ,  well we all know the rest of the storie .

Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2008, 09:32:07 AM »
and You all seamed to like the base capture well eough when it went your way , when it didn't ,  well we all know the rest of the storie .

I and most of JG-54 has hated base capture since the beginning, a quick forum search can prove that.  As for the other Axis squads, you'll have to ask them.

It's not that I'm not flying in the AvA because the Axis are losing, the reason I'm not flying is because the war has run its course and it's time for something new....it's just become no different than the MA with a limited planeset.  In the beginning there were great strategies and lots of other things, but now it's like 'speed capture'.  Take the ack down, take the town down, bail out, grab a goon...and repeat and repeat and repeat...

The last war I logged more hours in C47's and M3's ferrying goons than I did shooting things...that's enough to make anyone quit.
P-47 pilot

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2008, 09:52:57 AM »

You mean when we had to show that other people were on when we took a base? Heres a look at the first two wars.

War #1
Round 1 - Allies
Round 2 - Allies
-Screenshots needed to show the numbers when a base was captured-
Round 3 - Axis
Round 4 - Axis
Round 5 - Axis

War #2
-Screen shots still needed-
Round 1 - Axis
Round 2 - Axis
Round 3 - Axis

Both wars would have been won in three rounds by the axis but there was one allied squad (who left the arena when the milking was diabled) who milked axis bases mid day while people were at work. Then that night we couldnt do anything because the rounds ended at 6PM.

As republic said JG54 has been against the whole base capture thing since day one but we played along since AvA was our home. How the settings are now its just like the EW or MW with the non stop milking.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

storch

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2008, 09:58:27 AM »
I wonder if redrum would like to step into the DA with me some time?

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2008, 10:40:19 AM »
I stopped logging in when I realized that too many are taking this too seriously.

Why did they get rid of the screenshots needed for capture rule?  Did it make it too tough on the allies?
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2008, 12:36:58 PM »
I wonder if redrum would like to step into the DA with me some time?

Sure i would , why wouldn't I , other than having some fun and maybe learning something useful ,,hell we had to move our squad night into the DA last night ,due to lack of enemy in the Ava , That's OK it was fun too
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline BarryBD

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2008, 04:44:27 PM »

Both wars would have been won in three rounds by the axis but there was one allied squad (who left the arena when the milking was diabled) who milked axis bases mid day while people were at work. Then that night we couldnt do anything because the rounds ended at 6PM.

HMMM, ever considered that mid day at your place, is not mid day in central Europe...

Just like the events, on US timeframes, impossible hours for others...

I'm in for 3 weeks now, I joined Allies, I wanted to fight AVA, ...  Unfortunatly, I never meet those Super LW teams that don't hide in ACK, I only meet "the others", leaving when they are killed two times (some exeptions though).
So my (way too subjectif) conclusion might be : "axis players are ACK runners"

I'm just wondering, where are the non-ACK runners (I know, other timeframe... ;))

On side switching...1 tought : If you changed sides in 1940-45, and they caught you, all you could expect was a bullet.  So it's MY opinion (don't flame me because of my opinion, try to pursuade me with good arguments) that for 1 war, you should stay with 1 side, choosen at the beginning, not able to change for the duration of the war, (or just maybe once, deflectors and collaborators existed then too :D). Not even numbers... Do you think that the German Blitzkrieg was with even numbers?  They didn't look at a roster to see how many enemy's were fighting.

I remember a certain battle were the numbers were soooooooo off, but still one way or another, the minority won...
(I hereby salute the men who defended Bastogne at all cost :salute)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2008, 07:02:30 AM »
well said barry, i flew AVA last night in a goon for 45 minutes, only to get wasted by a p51. Axis is down to about 8 bases now. i did what i could but its not my idea of fun, although oldman, fork and duke where in there. it was fun flying with them. just my 2 cents

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2008, 07:17:17 AM »
lol lyric!!!

Goalposts are set now and theres no moving of the wicket.  I guess everyone wants the map gone anyhow. Was more fun when it was early war stuff.....

Gone, gone, gone.  Can't wait til  it's gone.

Still, without The Few or the 353rd, we would be drinking Schnapps in London by now.  At least someone figured out how to have some (not much, but some) organization.  I was getting worried.

And regarding this map.......

Buzz me when the new map is ready, the beer should be ready by then..

Front one is a Hefeweizen for the Axis fellas, the black, oily stuff in the back is a Stout for the allied boys

:salute

« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 07:19:14 AM by VonMessa »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2008, 07:21:39 AM »
HMMM, ever considered that mid day at your place, is not mid day in central Europe...

Just like the events, on US timeframes, impossible hours for others...

I'm in for 3 weeks now, I joined Allies, I wanted to fight AVA, ...  Unfortunatly, I never meet those Super LW teams that don't hide in ACK, I only meet "the others", leaving when they are killed two times (some exeptions though).
So my (way too subjectif) conclusion might be : "axis players are ACK runners"

I'm just wondering, where are the non-ACK runners (I know, other timeframe... ;))

On side switching...1 tought : If you changed sides in 1940-45, and they caught you, all you could expect was a bullet.  So it's MY opinion (don't flame me because of my opinion, try to pursuade me with good arguments) that for 1 war, you should stay with 1 side, choosen at the beginning, not able to change for the duration of the war, (or just maybe once, deflectors and collaborators existed then too :D). Not even numbers... Do you think that the German Blitzkrieg was with even numbers?  They didn't look at a roster to see how many enemy's were fighting.

I remember a certain battle were the numbers were soooooooo off, but still one way or another, the minority won...
(I hereby salute the men who defended Bastogne at all cost :salute)

I guess since you think this is WWII and not a game you would want only one life per war to huh? The last two wars when I could get on while everyone was working the only others I found were mainly known milkers. As I said before one squad was in there milking base after base untill there was the screen shot rule.

As I said this is a game not WWII. Its ment to be fun. Some like to switch sides to even teams. AvA isnt a private arena you shouldnt have to wait excessive amounts of time to have fun.

Pssst btw france and italy changed side during the war. Why didnt they all get a bullet? Oh and one other thing "1939-1945".
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline BarryBD

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2008, 08:30:17 AM »
I don't want to argue with you, but ...

I'm well aware that this is a game...

It's about setting rules in this (kind off) historical environment (game rules that is)

As said, in setting the game rules (just like basketball has lots of rules, and baseball and monopoly...) there is room for argumentation. 

1 live is hard, because you don't have enough replacements...

I only know this war-map... As said, I just passed my first three weeks...

Don't get me started on history though...  I don't see Poland, nor scandinavia on this map, and Holland, France and Belgium were only attacked in may of 1940...

Second, Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, France were occupied, some inhabitants collaborated, some went in to resistance, but the majority had to let it come over them, and live under the german suppression... 

BTW, you should read well...

I Wrote "or just maybe once, deflectors and collaborators existed then too  :D"

If an individual deflected on the other hand (not states) he was seen as a traitor, and got the bullet...

About fun...

If I saw there was not much to do, or only allieds with 1 or 2 axis, I went to the MA...