Author Topic: X52 troubles  (Read 996 times)

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Re: X52 troubles
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 03:46:47 PM »
My head burst into flames when i found out that Michael Jackson was not my dad :x

WTF?

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 10:42:49 PM »
WTF?

I think he was trying to make fun of getback.  No offense getback but the original question was somebody has problems with x52 and was willing to fix it.   I have heard lots of people that had problems with ch and will never buy it and that includes me, i replaced my original  logitec extreme 3d pro with ch joystick it was actually on clearance and guess what it was defective right out of the box.  got the x52 worked great, except for the ocasional problem and dont bother me a bit to fix it inflight.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 04:05:17 AM »
I think he was trying to make fun of getback.  No offense getback but the original question was somebody has problems with x52 and was willing to fix it.   I have heard lots of people that had problems with ch and will never buy it and that includes me, i replaced my original  logitec extreme 3d pro with ch joystick it was actually on clearance and guess what it was defective right out of the box.  got the x52 worked great, except for the ocasional problem and dont bother me a bit to fix it inflight.

semp

Well, my suggestion was a fix and I understood the question. I take no offense. In fact I almost didn't bother with the thread at all. It's just that I have been through this so much when I had and x45, x52, and x52 pro. All went bad fast. I tried everything under the sun to fix them. Redoing the code, deleting and reinstalling drivers, recalibrate and recalibrate. Heck my old MS sidewinder FF is still good, but not those sticks. You don't see very many problem posts on CH Products but you sure do X52's.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline FBGrave

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 01:34:05 PM »
I have the same problem. To solve I have to down the game to an icon, run the latest saitek driver installer again.
After this I can go back to game and everything is centered perfectly. It is a saitek problem as best I can tell.

FBGrave
Don't go where the road don't go

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 02:43:17 PM »
If you're using the SST Software , that's the cause of a lot of problems. Just using the drivers that Windows gives you plus the ones that a manual Windows Update give you works without a hitch.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 02:32:26 AM »
If you have installed the SST software, open media player and look in the plugins. If there is a saitek plugin disable it. That causes erratic stick calibration and faulty button presses. Its the version of the programming software that saves your profile with a (.prO) extension and installs a Saitek DirectOutput service in your services. Also your USB male connector to your HUB, is it loose? Does it wiggle and not seem to hold in tight? Saitek has its product built in China. My male plug was loose and the power lead would signal disconects and USB bus resets during game play. I slipped a shim between the plastic tounge and the metal outer sleeve which made the connection tight and stopped the resets.

I've also found that after you run the whole install of drivers and SST software, it's a good idea the run a second install of the drivers only again. And yes an external powered HUB is nessecary. The X52 pulls more power than Saitek admits to. Then if you don't like how loose the joystick play is, slip an 1/8inch thick washer shim between the bottom of the joystick handel and the top of the spring or springs in the X52 Pro. It gets about as tight as a CH stick then. Make sure its outside diameter is larger than the base of the handle. Yougert container tops make good washers. Two or three work nicely. The metal stem in the x52 is 1/2inch diameter.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
      • http://
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 11:57:18 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys, i got a powered USB hub and it seems to be working fine now... for the time being. I think it was just simply drawing too much power from my CPU.

thanks guys  :aok
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC