Author Topic: WIRBELWIND........The new 262  (Read 2314 times)

Offline KooLBreeZ

• Zinc Member
Re: WIRBELWIND........The new 262
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2008, 11:52:47 AM »
Bah WW is for the peeps who cant hit nothing in an Osti. Osti way more better 1 hit 1 kill.

Offline Sommers

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2008, 06:46:40 AM »
You're 1.5k out - which is just in the WW range.  Thats just great shooting on his part.  Also, 500mph doesn't mean much...its more the angle of approach - If you were flying straight into him you were barely moving across his sight.  And 262's are not exactly the sturdiest birds out there.  I'd rather be in a P47 going 500mph past a Wirble than in a 262.  Sucks to lose the plane, so I can certainly understand why you are venting. <S>

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2008, 06:47:52 AM »
Bah WW is for the peeps who cant hit nothing in an Osti. Osti way more better 1 hit 1 kill.
I can't hit squat with either :(
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2008, 02:45:42 PM »
There is not anything better than a WW with tracers off... :devil   They come striaght in for you. I can just imagine what their thinking as they wake up in the tower.. :devil
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2008, 02:59:35 PM »
2cm Flakvierling auf Fahrgestell Panzer IV, Wirbelwind   
Although a closed turret was preferred for the new Flakpanzer, it was not possible due to the creation of smoke when firing. The FlaKPz IV "Wirbelwind" (Whirlwind) was an anti-aircraft tank mounted four 2cm cannons in an octagonal, open-top turret, which provided an impressive amount of firepower. The turret could be rotated at 60o/s.  however, by late in the war 2cm shells weren't powerful enough to bring down Allied aircraft. On the other hand, it was a devastating weapon against ground troops. With production starting in mid 1944, in total 105 were produced till the end of the war. 

Can anyone explain with only >105 produced< and the lack of power to shoot down a Goon, is this GV like a 110 with tracks........?

Overmodeled maybe .....?

Hell at least perk it .........I mean only three hundred ME262'z made into combat and the perks are usually in the triple digits........

The REV   :devil
Over 1,400 Schwalbe's were produced and over 200 saw combat.   Understand the the number of 262's IN COMBAT is just less than HALF of the 428 NIK2's produced.   

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC