Author Topic: Latest patch = Frame rate hit  (Read 874 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Latest patch = Frame rate hit
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 08:24:46 PM »
Beware- this may just be superstitious belief, but it seems to work for me as well as a few others, so I'll pass it along...

Anytime I get a new patch I end up with some stuttering problems.  Not so much FR problems, but here's how I fix them.  I go to the HTC folder, and delete my "cache" folder.  I then go out of the game and do a disk clean-up and defragment (whether it says I need it or not), restart my computer, and restart my game.  This seems to fix all of my problems, at least for a month or so.  The cache folder rebuilds itself when you start the game again, so don't empty it out, just simply delete it.  If I notice FR/stutter problems I repeat the process.  I don't need to do it all that often, and it makes things run smoothly for me...

Superstitious belief or not.............this has always worked/helped in the past.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Thing

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 08:29:15 PM »
Worked for me also    :aok
"IrishOne I'm gonna kick your fvking ass"

Offline SpazMan

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 11:40:56 AM »
I TOLD YOU YOU'RE BANNED FROM THIS THREAD, YOU HAM-FISTED HACK...   :D

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl  What the heck is a ham fisted hack... :confused:

Offline Bosch232

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 11:47:46 AM »
Deleting the cache did seem to make a difference.
It could very well be coincidence, but frame rates were back to "normal" last night.

Spaz... YOU are a ham-fisted hack.  Look it up.  Wikipedia probably has sumthin' on it.
(But I'll fly box formation and shoo away LA's with you any day, bro..)

;)
"Anything worth doing, is worth OVER doing." ~ Mythbusters

Bosch232 - Pigs On The Wing

Offline uberslet

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 06:03:33 AM »
Posting a Dxdiag report, and a 15 minute run of ping plotter would go a long way in MAYBE sorting out your problems. Your game settings as well.

wats a "Ping Plotter" and how do i run one? i r teh computer r-tard
MasonZ - In-game ID
=Wings of Terror= - MA Squad
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato