Author Topic: ENY ??????  (Read 318 times)

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
ENY ??????
« on: April 18, 2008, 01:42:12 AM »
I understand the reasoning behind the ENY, but I think there should be a limit or something. A 29 ENY is not very fair when your trying to defend. So what I would like to see is maybe a limit of 19 or 20 on the eny, that way you can at least put up some kind of defend.

:salute
Cajunn
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: ENY ??????
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 02:11:02 AM »
Wish what you want, I'm still gonna take everyone down in my Spit 1  :D

I'm sure there are people out there that won't be satisfied until min-ENY is at 4!  :O

29 ENY seem a little bit too high, but I never have a problem with it so I wouldn't know.

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 02:38:13 AM »
Wish what you want, I'm still gonna take everyone down in my Spit 1  :D

I'm sure there are people out there that won't be satisfied until min-ENY is at 4!  :O

29 ENY seem a little bit too high, but I never have a problem with it so I wouldn't know.

Spit 1 is a hell of a plane for killing troops never had much luck shooting down other planes though, and I'm not complaning about the ENY I just think that when it reaches levels of 25 and up it gets hard to defend!
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 05:03:42 AM »
I agree soon the eny is gonna get so hi we won't be able to up anything. Ok I might be talking out my azz, but I would like to see some kind of limit to eny.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 05:42:44 AM »
I understand the reasoning behind the ENY, but I think there should be a limit or something. A 29 ENY is not very fair when your trying to defend.

The reasons why you get an ENY as high as 29 aren't "fair" either. You got the numbers - now use them.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 07:22:42 AM »
Anyone find the fact that his team heavily outnumbers the force attacking his base rather hilarious?

Strip

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 08:12:19 AM »
YOU UNDERSTAND ENY!!! WOW THIS ONES NEW!! DO EXPLAIN!!!

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 11:11:16 AM »
Anyone find the fact that his team heavily outnumbers the force attacking his base rather hilarious?

Strip

Not really. Many, many times I've signed in to see most of the Rooks fighting a handful of Bishops (or Knights), and most of the Bishops (or Knights) at the other end of their territory fighting whichever is the third country instead of the majority of the Rooks attacking them, while most of the players for the 3rd county are at the lightly defended Rook end of their territory - essentially 3 hordes mostly avoiding each other each at opposite ends of their territories, and a significantly smaller portion of each side's forces throwing up a defense against overwhelming odds against the enemy horde.

So it's not that uncommon if you are one of those players who go to the opposite side of the map from the huge green bar to find that over the course of the night ENY will kick in and yet your badly outnumbered.

In a perfect world ENY would be limited in some fashion to reflect the local situation, but I haven't yet come up with a way to program it where the logic doesn't dead end in a paradox of some sort (like, what happens when someone drops the hangers and the local enemy can no longer lift?).

<S>

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 12:35:31 PM »
Not really. Many, many times I've signed in to see most of the Rooks fighting a handful of Bishops (or Knights), and most of the Bishops (or Knights) at the other end of their territory fighting whichever is the third country instead of the majority of the Rooks attacking them, while most of the players for the 3rd county are at the lightly defended Rook end of their territory - essentially 3 hordes mostly avoiding each other each at opposite ends of their territories, and a significantly smaller portion of each side's forces throwing up a defense against overwhelming odds against the enemy horde.

So it's not that uncommon if you are one of those players who go to the opposite side of the map from the huge green bar to find that over the course of the night ENY will kick in and yet your badly outnumbered.

In a perfect world ENY would be limited in some fashion to reflect the local situation, but I haven't yet come up with a way to program it where the logic doesn't dead end in a paradox of some sort (like, what happens when someone drops the hangers and the local enemy can no longer lift?).

<S>

Thats what i'm talking about....you may have the numbers, but not always where you need them!

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 12:46:30 PM »
I dont think you full realize how much it takes to get to Eny 29.

Your talking 3-5 to 1 odds over the other teams.

Thanks hording to the max and frankly I cant stand to fly like that. So many players fighting to get a kill and porking undefended bases is like watching paint dry.

Grow up, switch sides, and fly against the horde.

Strip

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 12:47:49 PM »
IIRC flight is disabled at ENY of 29.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 02:04:55 PM »
Thats what i'm talking about....you may have the numbers, but not always where you need them!

That's the side with the numbers problem not an ENY problem.  Maybe they should appoint a General to oder everyone around.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."