Author Topic: I would just like to Thank Co. FlatIron and XO. OakTree  (Read 1820 times)

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
Re: I would just like to Thank Co. FlatIron and XO. OakTree
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2008, 03:34:11 PM »
More like you opened your ignorant mouth one too many times for my liking.

ignorant in what way?  Please feel free to refrain from simple name calling and engage in a conversation, even an argument, at any time.

If "Everbody" knows it already, why'd you have to take a shot at it (the thread?)   Don't recall you taking a shot at those Axis posts on winning the war the same way the Allies did.

Why didn't i "take a shot at the axis"? Possibly because i didn't fly in the AvA when the axis out numbered the allies 3:1 on a regular basis.  I'm sorry but, beating any opposition when you out number them 3:1 in any game is not an acheivement in any sense of the word, and certainly nothing to be encouraged or acknowledged as a good thing.

Edit: if i did occur when i flew, i imagine i would have posted in a similar vein if the axis were posting similar threads
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 03:46:08 PM by thrila »
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline JagdTankker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2008, 06:37:06 PM »
You didn't do what i wanted you to do so your a bad person.

his squad should be called children of the CORN, cuz just about every one of them is as corny as him :aok
<<---chasing the flock of Seagulls-aka JG/11

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
Re: I would just like to Thank Co. Flatiron and XO. OakTree
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2008, 08:04:58 PM »
i totally agree with you from the few days i saw of the campaign.

May i make clear that i do not care that allies won the war, i do not even care that oaktree gives allies orders to drag us to the ack and vulch us if possible. what bothers me is that more specific allied orders seemed to read ' go to which ever sectors are undefended and kill buildings '. all night long.

the sad part is that this rolling war scenario type thing would be outstanding fun with the right gameplay attitude adopted.
 if it really was the war we simulate ALL bases are defended. by default that should point gameplay in the direction of finding each other and fighting it out and only then capturing the base if suppression is achieved on either side.

hey old friend ,Ya Oak can rub ya the wrong way but he is not much different from any of us and he means well, as for those tact is ,just for the record that was what was used against the allies in the last two wars ,,and it seams some don't like their own medicine , now as for the side balance ,well i just didn't fly the last couple weeks cause if you switch sides you are subject to all kinds of grief and i was committed to the allied side

give Oak a chance .
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

VWE

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2008, 07:43:04 AM »
just for the record that was what was used against the allies in the last two wars

Oh really? Please post the link of the orders where axis were told to drag acklies to the ack and vulch them if possible and go to which ever sectors are undefended and kill buildings all night long.

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2008, 07:57:06 AM »
just for the record that was what was used against the allies in the last two wars

Oh really? Please post the link of the orders where axis were told to drag applies to the ack and vulch them if possible and go to which ever sectors are undefended and kill buildings all night long.

so you show me where he ordered you to ack drag ,
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2008, 08:30:27 AM »
hey old friend ,Ya Oak can rub ya the wrong way but he is not much different from any of us and he means well, as for those tact is ,just for the record that was what was used against the allies in the last two wars ,,and it seams some don't like their own medicine , now as for the side balance ,well i just didn't fly the last couple weeks cause if you switch sides you are subject to all kinds of grief and i was committed to the allied side

give Oak a chance .

i sort of gave him one and he told me i was axis scum on the sole of his boot or something similar :D

Oaktree, Redrum has my undying respect, thanks to him my judgements of you will be suspended from here on.

S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline a4944

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2008, 11:53:07 AM »
How short memories are.  I recall Axis tanks sitting on runways vulching planes taking off with no attempt to take the field.  But that was cute and clever.  I remember big furballs over one base, and then an Axis raid at a base on the other side of the map.  A couple of allies would up and it was OK for the axis to "base suppress" and not let the couple of defenders up.  I recall axis taking a vehicle base when the numbers were 6 to 2 Axis and they would vulch me trying to up to at least give a fight and then call me a baby and dweeb for complaining about being vulched and never allowed to present a fight.  I remember how it was "landing, just not on a runway", rather than ditching.  I recall having to follow an experienced axis stick co-alt to over his base before the engagement could begin.  I remember the terrible talk on 200.  I recall an excellent MA squad mate of mine feeling so violated and offended from that 200 talk that he will never come back to AvA.  Ahhh, I remember .......  The good old days .....  the axis were so noble ....

Venom

VWE

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2008, 12:03:18 PM »
so you show me where he ordered you to ack drag ,

Do you have any comprehension abilities what so ever? Skipping school is not cool, go back and repeat 3rd grade then we'll continue...

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2008, 05:26:12 PM »
Do you have any comprehension abilities what so ever? Skipping school is not cool, go back and repeat 3rd grade then we'll continue...

Well do you have the ability to show me where he ordered you to do those things?Or just try a feeble attempt at miss direction by attacking me ,and not the substance of the conversation ,you are weak and worthless sir not worthy of my acknolagment

have a great life and good luck you'll need it   :salute
Major EaglePoo

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2008, 07:31:44 PM »
All this bickering sure isnt gonna improve your player count....

Strip

Offline apcampbell

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2008, 09:55:53 AM »
Wow, yet another thread praising one's (or group) conduct hijacked and turned into something very disturbingly different. That's really sad.
"Navy061"
http://www.slybirds.com
Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. -Douglas Adams

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2008, 09:05:08 AM »
Welcome to the AvA boards.   :aok

[sarcasm]Back slapping for dweebery highly advised and appreciated![/sarcasm]
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace