Author Topic: Resigning from T.O.D.  (Read 568 times)

Renfield

Resigning from T.O.D.
« on: August 18, 2000, 10:29:00 PM »
Here is the letter I sent to Sabre:

My film is at  http://home.att.net/~renfield/renfield.zip  (576k)

My kills are kraz and RAM - I never saw chutes but both planes definitely went down. I am pretty sure both pilots died.

I entered combat with Conan and Spyhawk. I mixed it up with kraz in a barrel-rolling exchange but he got away and on Spyhawk. I dove in and that is when I got the kill on kraz.

Later, Zigrat and I dove onto a zeke and Zig got the kill. RAM dove in on us and after a few quick maneuvers we ended up pointed at each other as I yanked around a corner and he crested and half-Cuban. We shot on the merge and he went down.

This last encounter is why I am hereby resigning from the TOD. RAM has proceeded to trash me in the AH forum for HO'ing him. My contention is that we are equally involved and it was the way it turned out. The merge happened after each of us were completing pretty close quarter and hard maneuvers and as far as I'm concerned is just the way it happened.

However, getting attacked like this has taken all the fun out of the TOD for me and I would not enjoy any futher flights. I also don't believe I will be signing up for any more 1-life events as unfortunately there are those that prefer to blame everyone but themselves for losing. Being on the receiving end of their rants takes the fun out it and I refuse to give them a shot simply to avoid these types of exchanges.

The first one was fun though.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Resigning from T.O.D.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2000, 10:37:00 PM »
 http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum7/HTML/000175.html

And yes,I died. Read the link for more info.

Extract your own conclussions.

And no, I wont take part in any single event more. Not only 1 life ones, but ANY of them, unless I like and know all of the people involved.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 08-18-2000).]

funked

Resigning from T.O.D.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2000, 05:20:00 AM »
I read the thread and I think you owe him an apology RAM.

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
Resigning from T.O.D.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2000, 05:33:00 AM »
C'mon Guys this is getting silly, Boy am I glad I'ts only a game (It is a game isn't it)? Yes I've read the links, Didn't bother with the film, without seeing the fight from both sides it would prove nothing, The only time I would consider any manouver a HO is in the initial merge, after that if you both find yourselves looking down the wrong end of the guns at the same time it's not a HO it's just the way it goes, I didn't manage to attend this TOD but hope to fly in the others, I hope you are both there.

TTFN
snafu

eskimo

Resigning from T.O.D.
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2000, 11:33:00 AM »
RAM, I have never had the slightest beef with you, however, I think that you are making a big deal out of nothing and you should apologize.  It's just a game.  

Renfield, If you know that you did nothing wrong, why do you care what one person (with a somewhat twisted opinion) may think or say about you?  Just don't read anything else regarding Thursday's mission, and forget about it.  There is no reason for you to quit, and you know that you won't run into RAM again.

eskimo

SpyHawk

Resigning from T.O.D.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2000, 07:25:00 AM »

Originally posted by RAM:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum7/HTML/000175.html

And yes,I died. Read the link for more info.

Extract your own conclussions.

And no, I wont take part in any single event more. Not only 1 life ones, but ANY of them, unless I like and know all of the people involved.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 08-18-2000).]

No offense RAM, hell, I even like you, your funny. But This means you will never play in any scenario in any massive multiplayer game (AH AW WB WW2OL). Becuase you will never know *everybody* who is there. Unless AH starts to loose players and it degenerates into a small group of people were everybody does know everybody. Lets just hope that AH never stops developement so it never comes to that. The day I know everybody online is the day I switch game  

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Resigning from T.O.D.
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2000, 05:15:00 AM »

Later, Zigrat and I dove onto a zeke and Zig got the kill

This is stretching the truth. I dove on you, chased you down good. Then ziggie came in, saved yer bum by forcing me to pull up and then down towards you (since I didn't want both of you on my 6 directly). Then you got unto my 6, we entered a scissor, I got one Spit out scissored (think film shows it's you) but Zig lands pings and I die in a big ball of flying debris just prior to ram arriving. Both of you were on my 6 at this time, but initially, I was firmly placed on your 6, quite close and gaining.

Right is right, after all  

What irritates me is that I died in TOD flying a T&B and won't be able to show my worth in the G10  

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"
"If you died a stones throw from your wingie; you did no wrong". - Hangtime

[This message has been edited by StSanta (edited 08-22-2000).]

Renfield

Resigning from T.O.D.
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2000, 11:42:00 PM »
Jeeze. I posted the frigging film. It is all in there. Not visible, but also a part of the action - early on I farted and later scratched my butt.

Instead of describing the encounter from the outset Santa, I only mentioned the final moments. None of this was important to the original beef RAM had with me.

Yes, you are correct in how it went. Yep, you were on my tail. Yep, Zig forced you to break. And yep, I turned back to assist. And yep, we scissored and Zig got the kill.

You are correct. I in no way meant to take any glory from anyone in saying it the way I did. It was Zig's kill - not mine. I only verified that Zig got it. Why should I have to relate all the details? To please you?

I also was not stretching the truth in any way and don't understand where you are now coming from in this. My statement is completely true. I dove on you and Zig got the kill. I was coming down on you from above. That constitutes a dive, hence the use of the verb dove as it was in past tense. So take your "stretching the truth" comment and shove it, well, you know where. Screw both you guys.

This is why I'm not flying any more scenarios, TODs, whatever. You guys get too worked up over it.

[This message has been edited by Renfield (edited 08-22-2000).]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Resigning from T.O.D.
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2000, 08:10:00 PM »
renfield, relax.

Your initial statement was just plain wrong. It would be like I claiming to have the upper hand but running out of ammo if I am jumped by a P51 and barely make it to friendly ack.

All I am saying is that you didn't dive on me in the way you make it sound.

Chill, man. I ain't calling you a liar.

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"
"If you died a stones throw from your wingie; you did no wrong". - Hangtime