Author Topic: "LIBYA 1942 SCENARIO"  (Read 562 times)

busc

"LIBYA 1942 SCENARIO"
« on: April 19, 2000, 02:50:00 PM »
READ THIS,
- IF YOU ARE THE CO OR XO OF A SQUADRON AND  UR SQUAD IS INTERESTED

WRITE TO BUSC AT
buscaglia@tiscalinet.it
SPECIFYING THE OBJECT--->"CO/XO for "Libya"

IF YOU DONT HAVE A SQUAD OR UR SQUAD IS NOT INTERESTED BUT U ARE

WRITE TO BUSC AT
buscaglia@tiscalinet.it
SPECIFYING THE OBJECT->"LoneWolf for Libya"

USE THIS OBJECTS IF U WANT THE MAILS TO REACH ME

A portrait of an Era

In 1940, when Italy declared war against the British Empire, The Libyan territory, was an italian colony with the name of ASI (northern african italian colonies), and was divided in two regions: the western "Tripolitania" and the eastern "Cirenaica" bordering with the british Egypt...Cirenaica immediatly became a blodily contended land, co
offensives were launched alternatively by the two sides to gain the control of this desolated desertic area, but at the end of 1941, after 17 month of war and blood the two lines were again about at the starting point of june 1940,with the only exception of the port of Tobruk,surrounded and besieged by Rommel but still withstanding.
The bad new for the Wester Desert Army was that many new reinforcements  were coming from Italy and Germany, and Malta, their stronghold in the Mediterranean sea was reduced to the silence and unable to stop the Axis convoys, after having suffered a furious offensive from the air..... A a brave choice was made, the only chance to stop the axis......
on the  17th of November 1941 the British forces started the "Operation Crusader" , an huge cohordinated ground and air attack with the vital aim of making the  enemy retreat o a  line more far from the Egyptian border, and from the vital Alexandria port...In other words they were trying to earn time and space before that the new reinforcements could turncompletely the situation....But "Crusader" was a failure, the offensive ended at Christmass, stopping at El Ageila after a little advancement, and after the loss of about 900 aircrafts...
...The Axis ships were arriving in the Libyan port of Tripoli  floods of reinforcements until almost  overflowing : Panzers,cannons,halftracks...And  from the sky, the first macchi202s ("Folgore"=Lightening) an Me bf109Fs were coming... For the first time in this theater the RAF had to face first line Italian and German fighters, instead of Cr42 biplanes and twinengined Me110...In january, right after the end of this bloody victory came the counteroffensive, Romel launched his panzers toward Alexandria while in the air a furious and merciless battle was being fought to  gain the control of the skyes.
Once again Tobruk became a sieged british stronghold...But this time axis forces were readyto hammer the sieged city with 800 aircrafts involved in  bloody Jabos attacks and fights over the city, makin it surrender after only one week....But in the same time the the Raf's Vicker Wellingtons and the Long Range Desert Corps were makin surprise attacks on the enemy airfields,  but not without opposition.
Rommel seemed to be unstopable at this point...But was stopped!...only 60 miles away from Alexandria....The allied ground forces  entrenched at El-Alamein....This after  that the british forces won in the air...The  counting on the new reinforcements coming thanks to the L&L pact with USA, werethe new

The Frames

- Frame 1 Sun 30 April 2000 3 PM EST

THE FIRST FRAME:

"OPERATION CRUSADER, THE AGEDABIA FIELD UNDER ATTACK"
&
"A TASTE OF THE LONG RANGE DESERT CORPS"

- Frame 2 Sun 7   May 2000 3 PM EST

THE SECOND FRAME:
                                      "THE -ON TO ALEXANDRIA TRECK-"
                                                                &
                                       "HAMMERING THE GERMAN PANZERS"

- Frame 3 Sun 14 May 2000 3 PM EST

THE THIRD FRAME:

"THE SECOND SIEGE OF TOBRUK"
&
                                                 "SMALL ARMS DEFENCE"

- Frame 4 Sun 21 May 2000 3 PM EST

THE FOURTH FRAME:

"STOPPED IN SIGHT OF ALEXANDRIA"
                                                  &
                                     "THE LAST MILE OF THE PANZERS"

- Frame 5, "FUNFRAME", Sun 28 May 2000

FUNFRAME:
                "TANK BATTLE AT EL ALAMEIN, REMEMBERING THE -ARIETE- DIVISION"

Scenario characteristics

We have choosed organize scenario basing on our previous AW and EAW scenarios experience, trying to take what for us was good and avoiding what was bad (yeah, i know this sounds heavilly obvious but this is the routine stuff..

There are two types of scenarios.... The first type, we could compare it to a serie of missions of  an offline campain or to an historical reenactment, and it is the type we have chosen, it is based on precise historical situations and preplanned historical missions ( with objectives, points, orders and rules)..... And It's main aim its to GET FUN!  ... One thing one needs to get fun is ballance between the 2 adversaries...but also a risky (i said risky not  desperate situation is a great fun source---->I am tryin to introduce this: lookin at all the scenario, the two sides are ballanced, with same opportunities to win the match, but who holds the advantage will vary from frame to frame...wich means that there will be frames where will be harder for the axis to win and frames where: "It would be a shame if Axis lose this time too  " .
In other words, we choosen this type of scenario because it  better guarantees  Fights&Fun&BigBooms ( yum yum   and also because in our experience we found out that the other type usually almost does not work at all if u dont have a huge number of players all with a high degree of experience (wich sounds utopian to me  .

Ah, u still courious to know about the second type of scenario (the one we've NOT choosen) ? ...Mmmm well, we could compare it to a Rolegame or to a "What If" fiction ( yeah, Im metaphor-man  , where we have two sides acting like two acting like two opposed teams deciding indipendently what to do to win the match.....This should be theoretically the best type...but....there are 2 big problems....1st----> the aim  here is to win the match, not to get fun!!...and this means: Buff wings flying at 44k alt on the border of the map for 4 hours without nothin happenig to avoid enemy encounters (boooring!) fake attacks, tricks and incorrectness (moooore boooooring!)....  

First frame of the scenario "Libya 1942" starts on sunday 30th of April, at 3.00 pm EST (20.00  GMT (G.B.& Portugal); 21.00 continental Europe and mediteranean area)  wich seems to be a good day&time for many squads, we will collect squad registrations before every frame from every single squadron, wich means that squad COs should tell us how many people from his squadron are goingto participate in that frame (please keep in touch with me and let me know any possible variation of presences...this will keep the scenario well organised, and the fun guaranted).

LAST NEWS ...There are a couple of news 8-) Good news

GET OFFICIAL! We got the official benediction from kieren , the web site of the scenario will be up in 1 day im givin u the address as soon as it is ready  ....we keep in touch  .....dont worry will be great we experience   Busc
about times&dates and plane&sides now I am gave  you the definitive sets, wich will be pubblished also on the web page.

MAKE A CHANGE, MAKE A BUSINNESS   ...
We have decided to reduce drastically the number of FWa8s (in the role of fwa4s) and to relegate em to the last 2 frames (the 4th and the 5th---> this last frame will be the  "El Alamein tank battle funframe", in wich we expect to get many  Walkons as tank and halftrack drivers....and a lot of fun for the fwa8s and generally for all the  tankbusters....and for all the plane busters   and to  to subtitute em with Bf109 G-2s ( wich is hystorically more accurate, as the fwa3 was present in libya only in late 1942 and in small numbers, and also should boost gameplay, givin more balancing between the 2 sides...As FWa8 is too much armed and too much armored...and generally it is a too much good bomberbuster to emulate with realism the fwa3).

PANZERS The other new is that now we're searchin also for some guys tht like the panzers and m16s.... we ve  in mind to create two small ground formations, 1 squad of Long range desert corps  mounted on m16s and one german Panzer unit (please note that the constitution of this units is optional because the m16s and panzer will be however be driven by dead pilots in the second part of the frame)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
"LIBYA 1942 SCENARIO"
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2000, 03:03:00 PM »
You can expect the 332nd to be there.  

-------------------------------
daddog C.O.
332nd Flying Mongrels

[This message has been edited by daddog (edited 04-19-2000).]
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
"LIBYA 1942 SCENARIO"
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2000, 03:06:00 PM »
Whoa!

Let me correct something.... I am not able to officially sanction anything. I am but one member of the Jokers Low Scenario team, and I publish the calendar and help in the development of ideas. I am not even the head of the team! In fact, I have to give first preference on the web page to events developed by team members, for whom the site was developed.

What I need to make clear here is that I am just a player like anyone else. The only privilege I have is as a trainer, which simply means I train people. I do not work for HTC, and have no "powers" that regular players wouldn't have. Further, I said Pyro can set the arena to any settings you need, not that I could tell him to do it.

I think it is great to have player-generated scenarios, and will participate and support as many as I can. I would however like to point out that the Jokers Low team, in particular, has been working on a multi-frame scenario similar in structure to your event. I have agreed to try to see if there is a scheduling conflict (I don't believe there is at this time). Still, it might be better to merge the ideas and energies. If not, no hard feelings here, the SEA is a first-come, first-served arena.  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
"LIBYA 1942 SCENARIO"
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2000, 03:39:00 PM »
Kieren, add  BUSC to the  team, he  seems like  an energetic one  that  would  fit  in just right!