Author Topic: Battle Stations  (Read 899 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Battle Stations
« on: April 15, 2008, 09:11:46 PM »
I kinda suspect how to do it but before I try and mess up my game would a seasoned pro go over the basics with me on coverting this: http://cag44.bravehost.com/sounds/GENQUART.wav to replace the "air raid siren" sound for task groups under attack? Thanks in advance.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: Battle Stations
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 11:10:00 PM »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 03:24:37 AM »
Thanks, Ranger but .... what I was really wanting was someone to actually go over the basics. For all I know you simply renamed the file "warning.wav." What I'd like to know is .... is it really as simple as renaming the file (as simple as it sounds and as simple as I suspected) and if replacing that wav would or wouldn't change all of the air raid sirens before I tried it. As immersive at it would make the fleets, it would take away from the shore bases. If so I might ask in another forum for HTC to add a seperate siren slot for the fleets then add this sound to it.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 05:32:20 AM »
I had to change the properties of it to work in-game.  One warning sound covers all the bases, no separate one for fleets.  I suppose you could drop it in the PT boat & any CV plane folders, but if they take off from a land base, you will still get the cv warning sound.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 05:58:39 AM »
Ok, thanks. That answered all. I guess this becomes a petition for a seperate air raid siren for ships now.  :salute

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 01:02:13 AM »
LOL we used this over the intercom today when the boss pulled in the parking lot.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 02:25:26 AM »
Hmmmm ... where do you work and does your boss have as good a sense of humor? ;0)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 10:58:53 AM »
Print company, I work in the graphic design department. A lot of our work is for Gentlemens Clubs and Churches, we have a pretty good sense of humor.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 11:10:12 AM »
Ever accidently mix-up deliveries? ;)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 11:48:41 AM »
Not yet, the gentle mens clubs send so much work and are very loyal so we take good care of them. The churches come and go always looking for some place cheaper, they always come back cause we can turn around a 4-color job in 1 day if we have to.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 10:32:05 AM »
The typical procedure for air raids for Allied forces were: 5 second siren, announcment of the alarm type, proceeded with 30 seconds of siren.

For example, an airraid would be:
Siren - "General Quarters. This is not a drill. Please proceed to your designated area. This is not a drill." Siren.
or "General Quarters.

Emergency such as a fire, incoming missle/shells/motors or unknown threat - "Emergency. Emergency. Emergency.  Please proceed to your designated safety area. This is not drill. Emergency. Emergency. Emergency."

Enemy close by: "General Quarters. (Any code-message that indicates an action- i.e. Code STONEWALL - means incoming enemy forces).  General Quarters."

I know, I did them for the Gulf war. :D
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech